Getting in Shape

Gained 10lbs

So 2 weeks ago I went for my first dress fitting and I couldn't get it past my hips..So therefore I couldn't even try that dang thing on. I had been running at home but it had been raining non-stop here so that was out and my shins started hurting. So friday I signed up with a gym so i can get back in shape. (I had cancelled my membership at one gym due to finances) Im just nervous I wont fit it in time. I have a month, well not really cause it still needs to be altered...Im just so bummed, Im usually on top of being healthy and exercising. Hopfully I can atleast lose inches in the hips and butt to fit it...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gained 10lbs

• Eh... well.. I'm in the Pacific Northwest so I can't relate to the running problem. If you can't run/hike in the rain, you will never do it here :P haha
    But good for you for getting back on the horse of the gym. 
    It's time to crack down on your dietary needs. I hope you're food logging. If not, jump on the bandwagon! It's great to see where you're going wrong. 
    You didn't give a timeline as to when you need to drop the ten pounds, but... You put it on, you can get it back off!!
    GL :) 
  • Thx firsttimesluck. I've never logged what I was eating, I'll start that today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely start food logging like firsttimers said! 70% diet, 30% working out. Good for you for getting back in the gym. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I wish I had gained my weight in the hip / butt area. all of mine is in my arms. :( I've started Insanity and been doing it for about a month with really good results. since there's no such thing as spot training and I need to slim down; I'll be starting a juice fast next week. I did a juice fast for 3 days last year and lost 6 lbs. I think it's the nerves and all the stuff we go through with wedding planning.
  • @mcda04 Juice fast? mmm never heard of it...is it healthy? I mean is it ok to do that? lol...I just cant get away from my breads and pastas (drooling) lol...is it like you making your own juice with a juicer? *totally clueless about the new healthy stuff*  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_gained-10lbs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:cb1b3223-7af3-425e-a8c8-84f5b43f8342Post:73001998-1c2a-4c08-a7dc-614309913213">Re: Gained 10lbs</a>:
    [QUOTE]@mcda04 Juice fast? mmm never heard of it...is it healthy? I mean is it ok to do that? lol...I just cant get away from my breads and pastas (drooling) lol...is it like you making your own juice with a juicer? *totally clueless about the new healthy stuff*  lol
    Posted by kittybutton[/QUOTE]

It's basically juicing your own vegetables. I talked to my doc and she only recommended i do it for 7 days. So for 7 days, I'd drink nothing but juiced vegetables and maybe some fruit plus lots of water. I found these "mean green" recipes online and that's what i'm using. see I think i'm still a little lost. There's this reboot.org website that says you're allowed to eat solid food and that's what i did when i lost 6 lbs. I'm not sure about the nothing but juice one. I'll start it later this week and share my results.
  • Cut out all sugar!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards