Getting in Shape

Monday New Members

Hi everyone! So I've been wanting to get in better shape for the last few months, but now that I'll be wedding dress shopping soon the pressure is definitely on, so I figured these boards could be a good place for advice/support. My BMI is on the high end of normal, but my main problem is that all of the fat on my body tends to accumulate around my belly, which drives me crazy!

My goal is to lose about 20 pounds. The hardest part for me will definitely be that I love drinking pop, I'm very much addicted to caffeine and get a headache without it, but I know that is deifnitely not helping the belly fat issue. I'm working on weaning myself off, because I've tried to quit cold turkey before and it never lasts.

As far as excercise goes, I am a big fan of the video game Dance Dance Revolution! I'm pretty good at it and play hard levels, so it's actually quite a workout for me. I have a fitness mode on it that actually tells me the equivalent number of miles I've jogged, so that's helpful. Yesterday I did a mile and a half, about to start up today's excercise once I finish this post.

Just wanted to say hi and do a little intro.

Re: Monday New Members

• Welcome!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!

As far as caffeine, you could still keep some in your diet without the soda, which would be a good start. Stick with coffee with skim milk, or  unsweetened hot or iced tea (with caffeine). This cuts out all the sugar calories, but you still get a pick me up!

If you crave the bubbly sensation of soda, try a sparking water or seltzer that has a hint of flavor (but unsweetened- no sugar or fake sweetener), or even squeeze lime or lemon into plain. When I am craving a soda, this does the trick for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards