Getting in Shape
Options

Advocare?? Thoughts??

Has anyone heard of Advocare or used it? Two of my friends have used it and 1 of their sister's sells it so I wanted to try it, more for the muscle toning and energy reasons than the weight loss. I just wanted to see if anyone had advice/tried it on here before I order it.
Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image

Re: Advocare?? Thoughts??

• Options

I agree with Raynes here.  I think that diet pills are just a waste of money and olny work for the time you use them.  Once you stop taking them, you will gain the weight back. 

I think the best way to tone up, lose weight, and feel more energized is to have a good diet, excersize at least 3 times a week and drink plenty of water. 

Simple things like cutting out soda, and sugar in your diet will give you energy.  I mean you can still have it, you just have to cut back on it. 

imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • Options

Advocare was actually formulated by a team of 9 Doctors. If  Raynes or the other person had done their research they would know that. I am a distributor of Advocare myself. The Thermoplus is a pill that contains green tea (natural source of energy)http://www.advocare.com/products/trim/T4101.aspx- read this to learn more about Thermoplus. Thermoplus only contains sage extract, oolong tea,guarana extract, thiamine and niacin. The only reason you would gain all the weight back is if you eat like crap and not exercise. For energy I would suggest Spark an amino acid and vitamin supplement drink that helps with your energy levels. Contains quite a few vitamins and minerals and tastes great  The products do help you have long lasting results. Obviously you need to continue to eat healthy and workout to have the results last. Everyone  I have put on the products have seen a huge increase in energy, and combined with the correct training program for their goals, I have also seen weight loss or increased muscle tone. I would definately try these products they are worth there value. Check out www.advocare.com

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_advocare-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:cf69be93-fbcc-438b-847e-5f9d079a9053Post:f0f9466b-73f0-4d60-8039-ecd3e4202898">Re: Advocare?? Thoughts??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Advocare was actually formulated by a team of 9 Doctors. If  Raynes or the other person had done their research they would know that. I am a distributor of Advocare myself. The Thermoplus is a pill that contains green tea (natural source of energy) <a href="http://www.advocare.com/products/trim/T4101.aspx-" rel="nofollow">http://www.advocare.com/products/trim/T4101.aspx-</a> read this to learn more about Thermoplus. Thermoplus only contains sage extract, oolong tea,guarana extract, thiamine and niacin. The only reason you would gain all the weight back is if you eat like crap and not exercise. For energy I would suggest Spark an amino acid and vitamin supplement drink that helps with your energy levels. Contains quite a few vitamins and minerals and tastes great  The products do help you have long lasting results. Obviously you need to continue to eat healthy and workout to have the results last. Everyone  I have put on the products have seen a huge increase in energy, and combined with the correct training program for their goals, I have also seen weight loss or increased muscle tone. I would definately try these products they are worth there value. Check out <a href="http://www.advocare.com" rel="nofollow">www.advocare.com</a>
    Posted by cassandran[/QUOTE]
    So what youre actually saying is youre a vendor.  Reported!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_advocare-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:cf69be93-fbcc-438b-847e-5f9d079a9053Post:965bf89f-b0e0-4ea9-a027-15e67f4c4a05">Re: Advocare?? Thoughts??</a>:
    [QUOTE]No tattle tale Im not. I am saying that I sell it but I am not selling to anyone obviously because I didn't give you my info. If you had a brain you could see that I wasn't trying to sell anything since I didn't give my info. I am a bride on here and not a vendor. Grow up a bit and then come back since obviously you act like a teenage girl tattling on everyone who might sound like a vendor. Since there is no info for me on this board obviously I can't sell to anyone. Grow Up Nebb. And by the way she had asked if anyone had used it and I have and I was answering her questions. Not targeting her for her money/trying to sell to her. Know what you're talking about before you go on opening your big fat mouth.

Cassandran - the point is that you make money selling the product, and therefore are not the most unbiased source of information. There is no need to make a personal attack on Nebb. Congrats on undermining your own credibility.

OP, I did look at the website, and you know what struck me the most?

This statement, which was at the bottom of every product description page:
    <span class="footnote">* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

The "key ingredients" listed are vitamins and minerals, and some formulas also include caffeine.

Duh, of course caffeine will make you feel energized.

IMO, a good multi-vitamin and well-balanced diet, combined with exercise, will give you the same results for less money.
    </span>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for all the info everyone.

Desertsun, they basically are a multivitamin, my friend took them to her doctor and he said they include all that you need except they don't have enough calcium so she takes a calcium tablet too.

I will probably just try it to see how it works. I have 3 months until the wedding so that wouldn't be too expensive to do it for that. It does seem expensive but if I sign up to be a distributor I get a discount. I don't want to sell the items, just get the discount :) so maybe that's what PP does too?!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    Oh one more thing desertsun- all vitamins, protein shakes, diet pills will say that FDA statement because the FDA doesn't deal with them, any of them.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_advocare-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:cf69be93-fbcc-438b-847e-5f9d079a9053Post:965bf89f-b0e0-4ea9-a027-15e67f4c4a05">Re: Advocare?? Thoughts??</a>:
    [QUOTE]No tattle tale Im not. I am saying that I sell it but I am not selling to anyone obviously because I didn't give you my info. If you had a brain you could see that I wasn't trying to sell anything since I didn't give my info. I am a bride on here and not a vendor. Grow up a bit and then come back since obviously you act like a teenage girl tattling on everyone who might sound like a vendor. Since there is no info for me on this board obviously I can't sell to anyone. Grow Up Nebb. And by the way she had asked if anyone had used it and I have and I was answering her questions. Not targeting her for her money/trying to sell to her. Know what you're talking about before you go on opening your big fat mouth.
    Ooooh big talker. You certainly put me in my place didnt you. Better luck next time. There are a ton of bride/vendors on here, and the fact of the matter is that you cannot openly say so and then forward people to a specific place which may generate sales for you or your company. It is against community rules and others have been banned for it. But, seeing as how i have no brain, I wouldnt know that would I. I have NO problem reporting vendors, no problem at all, so keep it up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_advocare-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:cf69be93-fbcc-438b-847e-5f9d079a9053Post:628ca1b7-23b2-4e16-8f12-02fc6fa11640">Re: Advocare?? Thoughts??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh one more thing desertsun- all vitamins, protein shakes, diet pills will say that FDA statement because the FDA doesn't deal with them, any of them.
    Posted by veijes[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'm aware. That was pretty much my point. As you said, the Advocare products are basically multivitamins. But most multis don't make the exaggerated claims that Advocare makes.

I don't see any compelling reason to spend my money on such products. My multi is much cheaper. And doesn't have caffeine added.

But hey, we're all adults and can spend our money as we see fit. 

• Options
    Honestly, if a Doctor said that it's basically just a multivitamin, why don't you just save your money and buy a multivitamin??  That just doesn't make sense to me.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards