Getting in Shape

Girl Scout Cookie Season!

So, I guess you could call this a rant. I will be lucky if I make it through this season! Ahhh! I have been doing really well on moderation, but I have never had this many problems sticking to it! They are so darn good! I was planning on just not buying them this year, but then a close friend's little girl was selling them and I just couldn't say no and my fiance just loves to snack on them (he doesn't go nuts with them and they are a good snack in the squad car so I don't complain too much). Over the past few days I have come to the conclusion that there should be a support group for people trying to stick to their change during this season!!

Re: Girl Scout Cookie Season!

• Support groups for this would be a good thing... I always see them outside my fav grocery store so I go in the opposite. door...

GOOD LUCk

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• My best friend's daughter is selling them and I bought NINE boxes.  I'm getting them this weekend.  Last year I put them in our garage freeze and completely forgot about them until the end of August.  Yes, it is quite an exercise in self-control! 
  • I'm so very thankful I dodged the GS cookie bullet this year - no one I know was selling them and I haven't seen a single scout stationed near any stores I shop at.

If you've got the cookies, eat and enjoy them, attempt moderation, but exercise to make up for any excesses! At least it's only once a year :)
  • As a 13 year girl scout, I can't help myself. Any time they're selling cookies (or anything else), I buy. The damn samosas are impossible to resist!!

I like them cold, so I put them, in our basement fridge. At least the walk makes me think about just how badly I want a cookie ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Mmmm cookies... Last week I was so proud of myself. We had about 6 boxes in the work breakroom and I walked past all of them on the way to the gym! Success! Until the next day when I caved and had two thin mints.

Conversation with the Mister at dinner last night:
    Him: Guess what's for dessert?
    Me: Um, nothing!
    Him: No... Wedding cake in April!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_girl-scout-cookie-season?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:d0a1c650-d4ea-4957-b42b-a1e014be5891Post:205af857-512f-44b7-83fb-3263105392a8">Re: Girl Scout Cookie Season!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Girl Scout Cookie Season! : The bolded is me. I put them in the freezer <strong>(the ones that are good to put in the freezer)</strong> and run a bit further to earn a cookie/a day or every other day.
    Posted by xcalygrl[/QUOTE]

@xcalygirl - are some not good to put in the freezer? 
  • I think Samoas would be pretty terrible in the freezer...whereas I think it's blasphemy to eat thin mints that HAVEN'T been put in the freezer!
  • OMG I am a Samoas and Thin Mints FREAK! I have avoided each and every Girl Scout I've come across this year...because I know if I buy them, then I will eat a whole box in probably 2 days. BUT - FI and I went up to the local frozen yogurt shop in our neighborhood on Saturday night for a treat, and guess what they had?! Girl Scout cookie flavored fro-yo! No joke! The thin mint was sooooo good. So I got a taste of the cookies, without eating a whole box! Libby -1, Girl Scout Cookies - 0. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lucky for us up here in Canada... we don't have your delicious girl scout cookies readily available. We do have girl guide cookies, but I don't actually like them. I checked out these girl scout cookies and they look much more appetizing... thank goodness no one's asking me to buy them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was a Girl Scout growing up. I love Girl Scout cookies :) when I buy a box I put them in the freezer that way I don't eat them up all at once. What keeps me from buying a bunch of boxes is how expensive they are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards