Getting in Shape

Pulled neck muscle, any suggestions?

This morning I was an awesome girl. I got up at 4:20 in the New England cold to make it to my 5:30 body pump class I've been (supposed to be) doing 3x/week. Go me!

Unfortunately, I parked at 5:20, thought I locked my keys in my car, and when I realized I didn't, I started walking quickly towards the gym, in the dark. Then what happened? Oh, look! A sheet of black ice appeared under my feet, I ended up slipping and falling on my bac (luckily my layering up provided some cushion!) and, to add insult to injury, my empty hard plastic cup flew up and hit me in the nose.

I threw my bags in my locker and proceeded to the class with all of my normal weights . When we got to crunches my neck really started hurting, so I just tried to keep a solid plank. Now, even though I've tried to stretch it out and took a few Advil but it's still killing me.

Any suggestions? I plan on doing a hot pack when I get home.
 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Pulled neck muscle, any suggestions?

• Go to the chiropractor! I get horrible neck spasms every couple of months because of a past injury. The only thing that will make it better (rather than mask it) will be an adjustment. You'll probably need to go 2-3 times but with a good Chiro you'll feel 110% better!
  • Thanks ladies! I already put heat on it (oops) but I'll make an ince pack for it. I took some alieve this morning. It feels like I strained the muscle :/ I should have reported it to the guy at the front desk.

ALSO, I hate this "sue-everyone" culture. I told a few people and ALL of them were like, "are you gonna sue them? You can get your student loans paid off!". I hate that!

And kwitherington, I appreciate the nod :) Its tough being a child of crazypants situations sometimes, but everyone needs to face reality. You have to accept it (whether or not forgiveness is part of the picture) and move on. I hated my dad for a long time, but now I realize I would rather use that energy on something other than hate. :)
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards