Getting in Shape

speaking of.cold sores....

One popped up on my face last night. Ugh.
Took my rx valtrex for it and then cleaned it thruout the day with alcohol and applied denavir and zovarax both prescriptions . By 5 pm is had bubbled up to the white part like it wanted to pop. I cleaned a needle with alcohol and drained it gross and cleaned it with alcohol and then applie camphor phenique which dries it up. It's pretty much gone now :

Good thing....my boudoir shoot is Sunday and I was freaking out.

I know you shouldn't pop them but...ain't nobody got time for that!

I'm SO over these things, had them since I was little. It's pretty gross looking

Re: speaking of.cold sores....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_speaking-ofcold-sores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:d2e551cd-d4c9-4f6b-b6fb-c7c599422c2dPost:74965e01-2e86-4607-b986-676805644fa2">Re: speaking of.cold sores....</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's...um, well..disgusting. Thanks for sharing, I guess?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I know right??

A girl posted the other day about being worried about getting booted from the gym because she had a cold sore.

Girls who get them would understand how annoying, embarrassing and gross they are. Figured a tip on how I got rid of one fast will be benfical to someone.
  • You can pop a cold sore?  I've never had one so that was news to me.
  • You really aren't supposed to but you can. You should let it pop on its own bit its kinda like a pimple with a whiteheads....you know when its ready. But you should use a needle to drain it Ew instead of squeezing them like a pimple
  • This is:
    Such
    A
    Weird
    Thread. 

That is my input. 
    And while I realize it's useless input, I kinda feel like this whole thread is a bit useless.. so my post is relevant :o
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_speaking-ofcold-sores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:d2e551cd-d4c9-4f6b-b6fb-c7c599422c2dPost:cdda7f13-15f1-4a9a-b09f-74de54441c73">Re: speaking of.cold sores....</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is: Such A Weird Thread.  That is my input.  And while I realize it's useless input, I kinda feel like this whole thread is a bit useless.. so my post is relevant :o) 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

U ever had a cold sore?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_speaking-ofcold-sores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:d2e551cd-d4c9-4f6b-b6fb-c7c599422c2dPost:6ee4fd32-dc14-40c0-92ea-bd256141640f">Re: speaking of.cold sores....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, cold sores are viral lesions, not clogged pores.  Popping them can lead to super severe infection or an outbreak of more of them.  Just in case someone decides to try this tip.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>I have to agree with Stage on this one - bad bad idea to mess with a cold sore in this way.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards