Getting in Shape
Options

Workout ideas needed!!!!!

I work in an office from 8-4:30 Monday through Friday, which doesn't seem like that bad and that I should have plenty of time for a workout.  However, I also have an hour commute each way (2 hours total!!!!!).  Thus by the time I get home I am tired and lack the motivation to workout.  The mornings are also hard as I need to be on the road no later than quarter til 7.  Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can squeeze in exercise at the office or how to motivate myself to get out of bed earlier or to have energy at the end of the day?  Thanks in advance!
Anniversary

Re: Workout ideas needed!!!!!

• Options
    Do you get a lunch break?  Walk for part of it. 

Can you get a gym membership in the city you work in?  Then you could go right after work. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I have the same problem.  Here's my compromise: I work out three days a week.  Saturday, Sunday (no commute!) and one day during the week when I get home.  Grab a snack on your way out of work, eat in the car, and force yourself to the gym one night a week.

The more you do it and enjoy it, the less likely it will feel forced. 

I also don't work out for hours.  I like running or bike riding, so my workouts run me ~ 45 minutes (plus showering and stretching time).

Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-ideas-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:d4dd9ff1-4ec5-4849-927f-e825f0fb5b25Post:6b9ff2e9-6a19-4606-ad76-b94e7518c7b4">Re: Workout ideas needed!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you get a lunch break?  Walk for part of it.  Can you get a gym membership in the city you work in?  Then you could go right after work. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards