Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

SA Wednesday

I overslept two hours this morning. Crap.

ETA:In my overslept -ness I forgot to mention that we successfully got our house offer accepted last night!

Re: SA Wednesday

• YAY house!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that the inspection and everything go well :D

On the way to work today, I got a small chip in my new windshield :(

Also, we're currently considering having our ceremony co-officiated by a deacon from Jeremy's church and an elder from my home church. Has anyone done this? Heard good/bad things about it?
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've seen a husband and wife team co-officiated, which worked well. If they were able to work well together, but I think its more important if you both are happy with it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:c7b43f9d-dc9a-493a-8d81-463c84bfb2fb">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY house!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that the inspection and everything go well :D On the way to work today, I got a small chip in my new windshield :( Also, <strong>we're currently considering having our ceremony co-officiated by a deacon from Jeremy's church and an elder from my home church</strong>. Has anyone done this? Heard good/bad things about it?
    Posted by kristan1022[/QUOTE]

<div>Lots of Catholic churches allow this (I think I remember you saying you were having a Catholic service).  I think the one stipulation that sometimes bothers people is the Catholic officiant must give the homily.  We know a couple who are getting married in June -- Bride's home parish, groom's father co-officiating.  Bride was pretty upset that her FFIL wouldn't be able to give the homily.  I think, especially if a large part of your guests are not Catholic, having a protestant co-officiant would really be... soothing(?) to your guests?</div><div>
    </div><div>Edit: Kathleen -- YAY!  Congrats!</div>
    Anniversary

• Awesome news on the house Kathleen :)

I am spending today spring cleaning my office, which means lots of shredding and trashing but I hope I feel accomplished come 5pm.

I have dropped 10 lbs in a month, and I can definitely feel a difference. My goal was 15, but I think 10 is pretty damn good considering I have Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners thrown into the mix.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Wow, Wendi, that's pretty awesome!  Have you been doing anything special?  How did you motivate yourself?
    Anniversary

• Boo to oversleeping! But Yaay for the house! Good luck with the inspection
  • Thanks guys! 

Yay Wendi! FI is wanting to lose some lbs. But I think it's hard for him to get into the working out routine. (We have P90X at home, but being on the 3rd floor he's afraid to do a lot of it because the guy below is an older guy.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:5d38b170-774d-4cd5-961e-25e6ccc2a93c">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys!  Yay Wendi! FI is wanting to lose some lbs. But I think it's hard for him to get into the working out routine. (We have P90X at home, but being on the 3rd floor he's afraid to do a lot of it because the guy below is an older guy.)
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, that is exactly why I didn't want to get into one of those programs!  At our old apartment, the walls/floors were UNBELIEVABLY thin.  The guy who lived below H actually went crazy one day and started following us around banging on the ceiling.</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:c81b3854-001e-45bd-9d0a-d7be08f6368c">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, Wendi, that's pretty awesome!  Have you been doing anything special?  How did you motivate yourself?
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Well the biggest motiation was my dress not fitting when I did bridals in November. Considering that it fit perfect in May, that was a bummer. But I had to take into consideration that Ed and I ate out a ton after he got off deployment. Seriously, he missed so many restaurants we spent an entire month binge eating.

My trainer wanted to get all his current clients focusing on goals prior to the new year, so that once the new year rolls around we already have motiation in our head. He's also starting a Biggest Loser type contest Jan 9 to go through March, where he'll be giving away a cruise for 2 to the person who has the most body transformation happen.

I see him twice a week, hit 24 Hour Fitness at least 3 times a week (with the exception of last week, oops) and have more or less focused on eating better again - lots of greens, fruits, and lean protein. And of course, I throw a cheat meal in once a week... Tonight is my cheat meal (Texas de Brazil) for our manager's holiday dinner.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Oh and we have p90x, and are starting it Sunday. Ed is finally on board with letting me cook and control things, so he can fit into his tux. He was skinny (like unhealthy looking) when he got home, to the point that even belting his jeans didn't keep them up. Now he has one pair that barely fits.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • You know I am offbeat because I type in different colors.

Sorry.  Couldn't help myself.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:58fa3766-c680-4922-bbd0-d44622a09a29">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Lots of Catholic churches allow this (I think I remember you saying you were having a Catholic service).  I think the one stipulation that sometimes bothers people is the Catholic officiant must give the homily.  We know a couple who are getting married in June -- Bride's home parish, groom's father co-officiating.  Bride was pretty upset that her FFIL wouldn't be able to give the homily.  I think, especially if a large part of your guests are not Catholic, having a protestant co-officiant would really be... soothing(?) to your guests? Edit: Kathleen -- YAY!  Congrats!
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I don't technically know what to call the service we are having- it's not a full mass, it's just a wedding service in a Catholic church. From what I've seen of weddings, and looking over the plan for the service, it looks like a straightforward Christian wedding to me. I don't have any problem with the deacon giving the homily, and bringing in the C of C elder is more a concession to my mom- I think it would soothe her the most, lol. I love the elder from my home church, and we've been pretty close for years, but I'm hoping this will help her calm down and stop threatening to not come to the wedding.</div><div>
    </div><div>Wendi- Way to go!! You're making me feel lazy, and definitely encouraging me to get back to the gym :)

</div><div>ETA: Amanda- LMAO!</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Amanda- Re:Apartments-That's why I hate apartments. At FI's old apartment he was on the 2nd floor and the guy above him had lead feet I swear. 

Re:Off-beat-That's seemed vendor-ish to me because it had a link in the bottom. is that her venue? I thought she was asking for a venue? Color me Confused. Lol.

Wendi-That biggest loser thing sounds cool!  
    What meals do you make that are healthy and boy-friendly? We eat a lot of beef (Not very healthy I know.) But recently I've gotten FI to try pork and we like Chicken but it's hard to find good chicken. He wants to try fish (he's never had fish before) But I'm not sure what kind he will like (It's needs to not taste fishy.)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:07e24df3-ab79-4b3f-9b9d-8c47e4ad07a7">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wendi-That biggest loser thing sounds cool!   What meals do you make that are healthy and boy-friendly? We eat a lot of beef (Not very healthy I know.) But recently I've gotten FI to try pork and we like Chicken but it's hard to find good chicken. He wants to try fish (he's never had fish before) But I'm not sure what kind he will like (It's needs to not taste fishy.)

Luckily E loves loves loves veggies. This weekend I am making a carbless lasagna to put over spaghetti squash, broccoli & carrots. Next week, we'll probably have turkey bratwurst and sauerkraut from the crockpot. One serving of that is maybe 250 calories.

I am slowly introducing him to whole wheat pasta and breads but those hae been a little tougher.

Try tilapia if you are making fish. That's my favorite and it doesn't have much of a fishy flavor. I marinate my fish and shrimp in this while I am at work and it gets a nice kick: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Marinades/Grill-Mates-Hawaiian-Luau-Marinade.aspx">http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Marinades/Grill-Mates-Hawaiian-Luau-Marinade.aspx</a>

ETA: I use ground turkey or lean ground beef for my meat on the lasagna. Still pretty boy friendly
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Hey ladies!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
    Kathleen--Congrats on the house, that is so exciting!

In other news, I finally started the process of changing my name. I took care of the Social Security office yesterday and probably won't get around to going to DPS for another few weeks (probably after I get my new SS card). Slowly but surely.

Congrats on the weight loss, Wendi! I really need to get on the ball--my sister's wedding will be here before you know it and I would rather not look like a cow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:eb0c5dc9-7bf4-4c7e-918f-91ae6b445c24">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : <strong>Luckily E loves loves loves veggies.</strong> This weekend I am making a carbless lasagna to put over spaghetti squash, broccoli & carrots. Next week, we'll probably have turkey bratwurst and sauerkraut from the crockpot. One serving of that is maybe 250 calories. I am slowly introducing him to whole wheat pasta and breads but those hae been a little tougher. Try tilapia if you are making fish. That's my favorite and it doesn't have much of a fishy flavor. I marinate my fish and shrimp in this while I am at work and it gets a nice kick: <a href="http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Marinades/Grill-Mates-Hawaiian-Luau-Marinade.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.mccormick.com/Products/GrillMates/Marinades/Grill-Mates-Hawaiian-Luau-Marinade.aspx</a> ETA: I use ground turkey or lean ground beef for my meat on the lasagna. Still pretty boy friendly
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, you did get lucky! 
    I made pork with fresh green beans the other day. He didn't eat the green beans because they had no flavor. </div><div>The recipe said to put the drippings from the pork over the beans, but I forgot. I think they would have tasted better than way.  </div>
  • Fat always makes things better. We use a lot of spices, too. Is your FI a spice guy at all? I swear we go through a thingy of cayenne and chipotle pepper monthly. Dried onions give a nice flavor to things, too. My personal favorite for veggies is lemon pepper
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:bf16af1b-d304-4e19-a02a-358cce63ead8">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fat always makes things better. We use a lot of spices, too. Is your FI a spice guy at all? I swear we go through a thingy of cayenne and chipotle pepper monthly. Dried onions give a nice flavor to things, too. My personal favorite for veggies is <strong>lemon pepper</strong>

<div>We make lemon pepper chicken all the time, and I never even thought to put it on veggies! 

He likes spices, I'm not a big fan. But we can probably spice our veggies seperately once they're on the place right?</div>
  • Yeah, definitely try that. I'm telling you, lemon pepper broccoli is the shiz
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:63820180-1f92-4505-b90a-d1078086b2e7">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, definitely try that. I'm telling you, lemon pepper broccoli is the shiz

<div>That sounds like the shiz!</div>
  • Can I just share that I hate rude people who don't listen to their voicemails, then accuse me of not returning their calls. I seriously just got off the phone with a lady who said "I work with so&so, and it's my understanding you haven't reached out to her." Uh, listen to both voicemails from LAST WEEK, lady. kthxbai
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:3af2cc3d-6ec5-4622-86fe-6dbcd68590d5">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Can I just share that I hate rude people</strong> who don't listen to their voicemails, then accuse me of not returning their calls. I seriously just got off the phone with a lady who said "I work with so&so, and it's my understanding you haven't reached out to her." Uh, listen to both voicemails from LAST WEEK, lady. kthxbai

<div>I know. 
    Rude people always make things so much harder than they have to be.</div>
  • And now I've overheated the shredder. Fantastic.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:09b8abd2-ff4c-4782-ba70-0b855c942b5d">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]And now I've overheated the shredder. Fantastic.

<div>Way to go Wendi! </div><div>
    </div><div>Could you use that as an excuse to go home early?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:0adb9303-ce7d-43cd-ad73-7f8f1604dcae">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Way to go Wendi!  Could you use that as an excuse to go home early?

LOL I wish. too bad we have a mandatory dinner tonight :(. At least our other halves get to join us.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • While we're talking about things we hate.

I hate people who think they're entitled to something. I just walked in the door from picking one of our trucks up from the shop. One of the new guys pounces on me when I walk in. "Does it work? Did you drive it?" Then he continues to follow me around like he expects me to give him the keys. This guy cannot follow our vehicle policy, so I hid the keys in my desk.
  • LMAO good for you. Sounds like something I would do.

I've decided that as part of new year's resolutions, I am going to establish and keep some organization at home so my life feels less cluttered. And I want to host a social gathering with friends at our house at least once a quarter in the new year. I need to put all the appetizer plates and goodies that we got for Christmas and the wedding to good use.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • Hey, Kristan, my whole family is C of C as well!

What you're doing is still a sacrament for your FI, just without the mass.  You're right, it looks a lot like any other Christian ceremony.  That's really nice of you to do for your mom. 

@Kathleen, I think that was her venue she likes, and she wants other suggestions.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:395f6271-9dbd-4a77-b1d3-809d17e1079dPost:365d214e-868d-478c-a7c4-22091914eafd">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Kristan, my whole family is C of C as well! What you're doing is still a sacrament for your FI, just without the mass.  You're right, it looks a lot like any other Christian ceremony.  That's really nice of you to do for your mom. <strong> @Kathleen, I think that was her venue she likes, and she wants other suggestions.</strong>
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh that was my other thought. But it was just down there with no real explaination to it. I figured if she like that one she would just use it? right? </div><div>
    </div><div>Idk. i read it early, maybe I misunderstood.</div>
  • I totally skipped over the offbeat thread, probably cause I'm sick of reading the venue threads. But yeah, seems vendor-ish

I haven't gotten an e-mail in about 4 hours. No calls on my direct line either. BAH!!!

I e-mailed my florist Monday to make adjustments to everything, and haven't heard back from her. She's probably not too happy I nixxed about $350 in floral. Oh well, I was told I could make adjustments as needed...
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards