Getting in Shape

Anyone else?

Did anyone else gain weight after getting engaged?  I got engaged 2 months ago and since then I have put on a few pounds.  Between Christmas, our engagement party, a vacation, friends wanting to go out to dinner to celebrate, and wedding appointments, I have missed quite a few days at the gym. Did this happen to anyone else?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else?

• Nope - I've steadily lost weight since getting engaged. You just have to make a conscious effort to not overeat and to get physical activity in.
  • Nah. The times I gain weight are usually right when H returns from a deployment (because he wants to drink and go out to eat every single meal) but it's understandable that will all that you would slip on your routine. 
    Time to jump back in! 
  • I did gain and struggling to know when to start making it happen! I'm getting married in Sept so I keep saying it's to early to start (which I know) isn't true! It's never to early to start losing...! He gained too!
  • Bjlong - I am also getting married in September and I feel like it's going to be here before I know it, so the few lbs that I gained, is really getting to me.  I am slowly getting back on track, but it's been difficult.  I think I am going to start joining the accountability threads on here to help get completely back on track.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didnt gain when we got engaged but I did gain while we were dating... We are foodies and I just got lazy...

You just bounce back into a health routine and deal with it.

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

• I gained after I got married, much to my horror. I have lost those pounds now, but I had to make time in the kitchen and the gym for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards