Getting in Shape

Getting Fit

I'm getting married this June. I want to loose a few pounds. I use to be very active but this past year I have seem to have lost my enthusiasm to work out. I work 5 days a week and am a full time student. Finding time to work out is hard. I'm open to suggestions. I'm not wanting to loose a lot of weight. Just tone back up a bit.

Re: Getting Fit

• just try working out a few times a week. i also work 5 days a week and am a full time student...but if you can find just 20-30 min like every other day to do something it will help. also do something that you enjoy, whatever it is, like biking, swimming, yoga, pilates...whatever. just keep it simple and mix it up so you don't get bored with it.
  • For "toning," the most successful thing is actually lifting! Contrary to popular belief, strength training for women doesn't make you bulk up, it actually makes you appear "toned." Do you have a gym, either by your home or work, or through school?

I know it's hard, but I find that it's important to make time for the gym. Set mini goals for yourself, things like, get in 5 workouts this week. Do 3 strength training sessions, etc. Videos like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, or programs such as P90X are also helpful if you don't have a gym membership or can't make it to the gym.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards