Getting in Shape

wedding body, brought to you by.....

P90x.
No lie, It works.  I am loving it!!!
I have 18 months until my wedding.   I cannot BELIEVE how amazing I feel trying on wedding dresses.
Anyone else doing P90x???
Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!

Re: wedding body, brought to you by.....

• How long have you been doing it?

Following the fitness side only or with the food plans?
  • This is my second time.  I did the first 90days, October-Xmas.  Then I took a recovery week break, and started again Jan 1st- now!!! :o)   I absolutely love it.
    As for food, I eat really well, but I am following the "body for life" eating.  I have done it for a few years and I find it is perfect for me (esp with 4 kids)!!! It allows me to eat whatever I want, one day a week!!  (all week I dream of brownies!!) lol
  • I just completed week 1 today, and I love it!  Haven't lost any weight yet but I did lose 1/2 in on my waist and arms!  Glad to hear it keeps working!
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haven't tried it....heard its good though.  I did the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for a little while,  now I just do 2 fitness classes a week and use the treadmill 2-3 times a week
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wedding-body-brought-to-you-by?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:d8e5d7d4-eced-434c-aead-caa9c3ffda39Post:5788cfbd-b212-4eca-ba9a-a6ecb1b630e9">Re: wedding body, brought to you by.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]No
    Posted by iloveu4ever[/QUOTE]

Yet another useful post.  Thanks for sharing your deep insight on the topic.  I'm sure it's been enlightening for the OP.
  • I'm really trying to look into p90x. I hear it's amazing and after reading the positive feedback I think I'm going to try it.
  • I did it last year, LOVED it! I need to start it back up!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just completed my 1st week and so far so good. I've lost 2 pounds so far.  I'm not used to a high protein, low carb diet, so that has been a struggle, but I'm definitely seeing results. Can't wait to see what my results will be after 90 days!
  •  I have been doing just the core workout. I've done it twice and I feel great. The first time was last week and I was so sore, but just did it again on Monday and I'm not sore at all. I can't believe how good I feel after it. With all the push ups my arms will be amazing in my wedding dress.. I get married in October so I have some time to get my sexy bride body I want..

• Wow, great job ladies!

P90x isn't an easy program, but VERY VERY worthwhile.  In truth, ANY program that gets you moving and makes you feel good about the person you see in the mirror everyday, is worth doing.
    Right now, I am doing the P90X plus dvd's. Its the same p90x, just has a few different dvd's to incorporate into the program.  Whooooo what a workout!!   I am ALSO starting my running program right now, as I have a race coming up in June.
    Yes, I will sleep good at night!!! lol

• Yay!  I'm glad to see that there's such a positve consensus out there for the p90x.  I can't wait to get it now! 

But I'm also looking for something that I can do with my fiance - any idea how well this works for men or do they just hate it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wedding-body-brought-to-you-by?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:d8e5d7d4-eced-434c-aead-caa9c3ffda39Post:24f2d3ba-4b8e-4c58-ba84-da5ee8697161">Re: wedding body, brought to you by.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay!  I'm glad to see that there's such a positve consensus out there for the p90x.  I can't wait to get it now!  But I'm also looking for something that I can do with my fiance - any idea how well this works for men or do they just hate it?
    Posted by aimelee[/QUOTE]

Im not going to lie, this program is AMAZING for both men and women.....BUT, MEN seem to HATE the yoga workout.   My FI does a few of the dvd's on the days when he doesnt have PT at work.  He made it through 11 minutes of the yoga dvd.   LOL In all fairness, it took me about 4 times of doing the yoga workout before I enjoyed it.  Now it is one of my favorites!!
    I think its WONDERFUL if you can do this with your FI.   If you guys are competitive with each other, it will only make the workout better!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_wedding-body-brought-to-you-by?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:d8e5d7d4-eced-434c-aead-caa9c3ffda39Post:681ab524-87a3-40a1-b15f-4c9bc1730002">Re: wedding body, brought to you by.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just completed my 1st week and so far so good. I've lost 2 pounds so far.  I'm not used to a high protein, low carb diet, so that has been a struggle, but I'm definitely seeing results. Can't wait to see what my results will be after 90 days!
    Posted by Marg31[/QUOTE]

Make sure you take pics.   Start.  day 30. day 60. day 90.    Good luck!!!! :o)
  • ok so i am working with a trainer 2 days a week but was thinking of getting P90X for my "on my own days" - when i go to the site there are several diff versions - and i would like advise on which one to pick up - the FI & I are watching every penny with the wedding coming up like almost all of us lol so i want the most bang for my buck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • P90x contains 12 dvd's.   The various programs that you see online, are merely a different order of doing tthe dvd's.   So once you buy P90x you can chose, based on your goals, which program you follow.    I started with the CLASSIC version and I loved it.  My best friend started by doing the LEAN version.   I really enjoy strength and muscle definition and my friend just wanted to tone overall.   I hope this helps...it may seem overwhelming at first but it is SOOOOO worth it!!!  :o)

• Awesome & TY - so i should prob go with the most inexpensive offer they are promoting  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • you can even buy the dvd's at walmart!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards