Getting in Shape

Before and After Pics

I posted right before my wedding about my weightloss/get in shape journey and I said I would post pictures.  I started trying to lose weight in October and I started at 172lbs...I'm 5'2".  On my wedding day I was 134!!  I still want to lose a little bit of weight but I'm pretty happy with the results.  Hard work does pay off. 

I don't have a lot of pics of me trying my dress on but here are a couple of me when I purchased my dress in November of 2009.  I had already lost about 12lbs at that point. 

Here are some from the wedding.  I don't have professional pics yet so it was hard to find some good ones. 

Re: Before and After Pics

• You look amazing before and after! Pretty dress!

• I think this pic is better at showing how much more toned my upper body was after.  Weights are definitely the key to success. 

• Wow, I can definitely see your collar bone in the after pics and the definition in your upper body! Great job!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Great progress, congrats on the weight loss and the wedding.  How did you do it?  I'm trying to lose about 40lbs as well
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Do you have non wedding pics of yourself??  I would love to see some of those too!  I am the same height as you and started at almost 180 and have gotten down to 160, but can't seem to get motivated to do anymore.  :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DAMN you look great!
    Photobucket
  • You looked fabulous! Congrats.
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • Congrats on your weight loss!!! You look great!
  • great job lady! be proud :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_before-after-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:d92ea593-c79d-4826-ba78-8d4b2d5cbedfPost:2ab5fbbb-a23d-4a44-913a-1fb7c4a36124">Re: Before and After Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have non wedding pics of yourself??  I would love to see some of those too!  I am the same height as you and started at almost 180 and have gotten down to 160, but can't seem to get motivated to do anymore.  :(
    Posted by Lilou902[/QUOTE]

I will try to dig up some "before" pics that are not wedding related.  I have tons on pictures from our honeymoon that I can post.  I always hated having my picture taken because I didn't like the way I looked so it is hard to find pictures of me before!

For those who asked how I did it....healthy eating and exercise.  I did a lot of cardio, probably 7 hours a week at least.  Running was my go-to and I also took a high intensity step aerobics class 2-3 times per week. 

Lifting weights is also very very important.  I would go to a total body conditioning class 1-2 times a week and then in early April I started using a trainer once a week and then uped that to twice a week for the last month and a half.  The trainer was key to getting toned and reducing body fat %.  I'm sticking with my trainer (once a week) going forward.  It was money well spent and I'm going to continue it because the weightloss was not just for the wedding. 

I will look for some more pics to post!
  • You look amazing! Congrats! You're so motivating :)
  • Here is a picture of me the night we got engaged.  This dress was so big on me now that I couldn't possibly alter it to save it.  It literally just fell off.  That is  a good feeling!

Picture from September 2009

After:
    Night before wedding

• You look AWESOME!  Congrats!!

• wow you look awesome!  My main goal is getting toned for the honeymoon!!!  I want to be in my tiny bikini the whole time.  Wish me luck
  • grrracegrrrace member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    gorgeous!!!
    you look beautiful before and after! But I can really tell a difference in your arms- they look amazing! And i LOVE your dress!!!
    what brand is that? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone.  It was a lot of hardwork and a lot of hours at the gym but it was so worth it when I saw myself in the mirror with my wedding dress on. the day of our wedding!  I have always been really self conscious about my weight and dreaded all of the attention on my wedding day because of it.  But because I lost so much weight and felt so much better about myself it didnt' bother me at all and I actually kind of enjoyed it. 

grrrace - my dress is Alita Graham which I believe is a Kleinfelds exclusive designer.  I got my dress at Kleinfelds in NYC but it may be sold elsewhere, I'm not sure. 
  • Congrats! You look amazing! I can really see a difference in your arms!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You look fabulous
  • Congrats! You look amazing & your smile shows that you felt it too  =)  

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Congrats on your success and your marriage!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards