Getting in Shape
Options

Marathoners?

Anyone else out there training for a marathon (or half-marathon)?  I ran one about six years ago, and am going to do Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN this June.  It's six weeks before my wedding, so I should have plenty of time for recovery.
BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
? My BFP Chart
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Marathoners?

• Options
    ME!!! I'm running my 2nd marathon in 2 1/2 weeks. Just did my longest training run on Sunday (22 miles). Now I'm tapering and I am very anxious. :)
    October 2012 Board: June Siggy
  • Options
    Yay!  Congrats on the 22 mile run.  Last time, I thought that longest run before the taper was the hardest.  Are you running Atlanta?

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No...I'm doing the 26.2 with Donna Breast Cancer Marathon in Jacksonville. I actually struggled most with my 18 miler. It's hard to predict which days you'll feel good and which days you'll feel bad. Overall, I put in the miles, so I should be ok.

When do you start your training? Any time goal your shooting for?
  • Options
    I am currently focusing on shorter distances, but I've run about a dozen marathons. (Last one was a little over two years ago.) I just wanted to post to say I am REALLY jealous of you getting to do Grandma's. It's supposed to be fantastic!

Have a great time, and good luck!
  • Options
    I start in about three weeks.  I've started doing some longer runs on the weekends, though.  I'd like to be under 4 1/2 hours.

How about you?  Do you have a time goal?

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_marathoners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:dc3395b2-953c-4e90-87ec-57f5df63a523Post:f7ef6d04-aeb4-4cad-8ead-21171df67e89">Re: Marathoners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am currently focusing on shorter distances, but I've run about a dozen marathons. (Last one was a little over two years ago.) I just wanted to post to say I am REALLY jealous of you getting to do Grandma's. It's supposed to be fantastic! Have a great time, and good luck!
    Posted by arwo[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I'm excited too!  It's supposed to be such a beautiful run.  My parents used to take my brother and sister and me camping up there every June, so it will be extra special.

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to break 4 hours. My 1st one was 4:09, so its doable. As long as I improve I won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_marathoners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:dc3395b2-953c-4e90-87ec-57f5df63a523Post:67a1bd2c-61d6-4753-b3e1-a3ce7d31bce3">Re: Marathoners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to break 4 hours. My 1st one was 4:09, so its doable. As long as I improve I won't be disappointed.
    Posted by KmuJmg[/QUOTE]

That's great!  I'd love to break 4, but it's not in the cards.

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to do a half in October...the Detroit one that goes over into Windsor. I won't start doing serious training until spring. It will be my 1st race of that legnth (most I've done is a 10K but that went really well) so I'm excited!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I'm running the Twin Cities Marathon in October!  It'll be my first and I am SO pumped!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm running my first half marathon in March and will be doing the California International Marathon in December. I'm also doing Tough Mudder in September. Busy race year for me LOL. But the races keep me motivated. Good luck on your marathon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_marathoners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:dc3395b2-953c-4e90-87ec-57f5df63a523Post:32e18364-683b-47f4-8a79-515812eb27ea">Re: Marathoners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm running the Twin Cities Marathon in October!  It'll be my first and I am SO pumped!
    Posted by kekr0202[/QUOTE]

Kekr, that's the first one I ran!  It's a beautiful course and not too hilly.

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning to do my first marathon in September, the Fox Cities Marathon in Appleton, WI. I'm doing a few half marathons this spring and summer (including one the morning of the wedding - more as my long run for the week than a race). 

I'm starting to train for the first half (April 22) now, but won't start the full training until end of May. 

The full is a couple of weeks after the wedding, so our honeymoon will be over my taper. Couldn't have planned that better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards