Getting in Shape
Options

Snacks at work

Hey ladies!  

I'm trying to find some snacks that I can keep in my desk at work.  It's hard to keep things refigerated at my job.  Our fridge is always packed and someone else usually eats your food.  What do y'all like the snack on during the day?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Snacks at work

• Options
    Almonds!  And little sups of applesauce or Triscuit thins :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    What? That's crazy...I keep popcorn, almonds and wheat thins in my office. I've been bringing a lot of fruit lately since it's been hot.
  • Options
    Crackers, popcorn, applesauce (I like the packets so I don't need to worry about having a spoon), fruits and veggies from home.  I pack meals and snacks to bring to school, and keep them in a insulated bag with a freezer pack.  This could work for the office too, allowing you to have dips (hummus and guac are my faves) for your veggies or crackers.  You could also pack yogurt this way.  Some snack bars are good, but check the ingredients first, most are barely better than a candy bar, just with less calories.  I like the miniature luna bars for a really quick bite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Almonds, popcorn, hot cocoa mix when I need some chocolate, and apples w/ peanut butter.

I got fed up, though, and just invested in an insulated lunch box that I keep at my desk.  So aside from the above snacks, I also can now bring string cheese or baby bells.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Carrots ( ~ 1/3-1/2 cup and 1-2 tbsps hummus)
    almonds
    fruit and nut trail mix (I do about 1/3 of a cup in a baggie)
    box of instant oatmeal to leave in your office (I have the quaker whole grain stuff)
    100 calorie granola bar for a sweet treat
    1-2 pieces of fruit normally, size of fruit depending
    babybell with a higher fibre cracker of some sort (I use Breton no salt, whole wheat crackers, 5 of them plus a babybell)
    yogurt (add all bran buds to feel fuller)
    greek yogurt (this is the major kick here in the office but I personally cannot stand the texture)
    Kozy shack sugar free tapioca
    a few of the girls here do laughing cow cheese, 1 piece, with rice crackers (handful)

and my favourite snack...modification of the apple slices with peanut butter

get yourself an apple corer....core your apple and use a knife to stuff it with peanut butter.  Wanna get fancy?  Mix the pb with raisins for extra chewiness.  It just makes apple slices and peanut butter portable.  Your apple stays fresh and won't go brown on the inside (although people will always think you are eating a rotten apple).  Its delish...like a kong...for a human, lol.  And super super filling.  Put it in a baggie for transport.  Damn I want one now...  :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    So many good ideas here! I also have the issue of co-workers eating everything and anything that is left in our tiny office fridge ( Including a jar of mayo once!)
    I go with most of the above mentioned so not much to add in,

I have portioned trail mix baggies in my desk as well as GF crackers and peanut butter
    I always keep some Lara or Oskri bars on hand (natural no chemical ingredients)
    and tea...lots of tea...often I think im hungry when I am not so I start with tea and if I'm still hungry when my cuppa is finished then I snack.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I eat Fiber 1 cereal.  1/2c is just 60 calories and it fills me right up.  I love the taste for some reason.  If I want a higher calorie snack it's usually a Fiber One Oats n Chocolate bar (140 cals).

I also love fresh fruit like apples and peaches.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!  I will def be adding some of this to my grocery list for this weekend!
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_snacks-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:de381bcf-7284-4ce2-bf47-a09cc03a134aPost:658a2621-f813-401e-a931-5fc4cf219b0c">Re: Snacks at work</a>:
    [QUOTE] and my favourite snack...modification of the apple slices with peanut butter get yourself an apple corer....core your apple and use a knife to stuff it with peanut butter.  Wanna get fancy?  Mix the pb with raisins for extra chewiness.  It just makes apple slices and peanut butter portable.  Your apple stays fresh and won't go brown on the inside (although people will always think you are eating a rotten apple).  Its delish...like a kong...for a human, lol.  And super super filling.  Put it in a baggie for transport.  Damn I want one now...  :)
    Posted by Miss_2010[/QUOTE]

Now how do you eat your person kong?  Do you just bite it, or slice it horizontally to get peanut butter in every slice?
  • Options
    hahaha

My friend asked me the same thing "how do you eat it".  I guess trial and error, the first time is messy.  I eat the first half of the apple first (side...as I normally would), until I reach the center.  Then I turn the apple with the pb facing up (as if you sliced an apple in half and the cut side is up).  Then every bite from there is awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • Options
    I love popcorn.  My favorite is Skinny pop.  It already comes popped and you can find it near the pop chips because they are made by the same people. 35 calories a cup.  It tastes better than movie popcorn!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Popcorn, nuts, string cheese, carrot sticks  and yougurt.
    Also i swear by lemon or lime water! Most of the time when I was gaining weight and snacking all day long was because I was bored, not because I was hungry. I have a note on my monitor reminding me if I'm hugry to drink a whole other bottle of water and then decide if I still need a snack.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards