Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

fall wedding with a touch of camo

i need help. me and my fiance are getting married october 27, 2012. were having a fall wedding with a touch of camo in it because were big into hunting. our main colors will be orange and brown. I will be wearing a traditional white dress with brown cowboy boots, bridesmaids will be wearing brown dresses with brown cowboy boots, groom will be wearing black tux with camo vest and tie, and groomsmen will be wearing black suits with camo vest and orange tie. i want to add a touch of camo and rustic look to the ceremony and reception i just dont know how. HELP PLEASE!

Re: fall wedding with a touch of camo

• Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is your cermony and reception outside or inside? 

You could wrap your bouquet in camo ribbon and use camo ribbon to make bows for the aisle decorations.

I don't know what you're thinking for favors, but you could do a candy buffet using camo colors. Pick the kinds of candy you want,buy the camo colors and then mix them together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know one Knottie found some camo heels that she was going to wear as a shout-out to her army husband.

OP: Are you asking for advice on a venue?  I would try Swingin' D Ranch.  It's the only place I can think of that has any kind of "hunting lodge" feel.

You might also check Etsy.  We found a vendor who made paper flowers out of maps, dictionary pages, and periodic tables for our table decorations.  You could probably find something like that in camouflage or commission someone to make something for you.

I'm thinking subtle, though.  It's camo.  Its inherent goal is to blend in.
    Anniversary

• Options
    camolovercamolover member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are many options using camo and lots of patterns in satin camo now too.  Add a camo sash to your gown, or to BMs.  Camo satin runners on the tables and they could be used in your home afterwards too.  Google for images and save ideas you like, or contact us via our website and I'll be happy to assist:
    http://www.atouchofcamo.com

JoAnne
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, do you need to do a lot of camo or can you just incorporate the colors into your wedding. Lots of shades of green and brown, etc. I think that could actually be really pretty with rustic flowers and branches, etc..

You could also do a camo garter for your leg and you could do something fun with the grooms cake!

Just some thoughts!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fall-wedding-touch-of-camo-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3a86bafd-bf24-4f88-a633-250ad121581dPost:86bdfe8a-aec7-4e8a-a15f-554e59e59a3f">Re: fall wedding with a touch of camo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know one Knottie found some camo heels that she was going to wear as a shout-out to her army husband.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

That's me. Search Madden Girl to see if they still make those heels. I switched to Barbie pink, at his request cause he's pretty bitter towards the Army right now
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our wedding ceremony will be outside infront of a barn and a pond in the background, and the reception wil be inside the barn. our main colors are brown and orange with a hunter camo accent. i just need ideas for centerpieces and decorations.
  • Options
    Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to Etsy.com and search for "HUNTING WEDDING." They have some cute stuff.

For centerpieces you could do very rustic, romantic flowers with deer antlers or something like that on the table. On Etsy somebody makes them into letters. You could also use lots of branches in your decor and even wood centerpieces vases to hold the flowers. And wooden signs always add a nice touch.

You could also engrave your names into a heart somewhere with an arrow. Your theme has intrigued me since it's something I would never have considered and I've been trying to figure how you can do it without making it too campy--because it is still a wedding and should be pretty! Glad you're not doing a camo dress. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards