Getting in Shape

attempting a week of eating clean

I bought Tosca Rena's "The Eat Clean Diet Recharged" and have just started reading it. I haven't gotten all the way through it yet (it's a huge book), but I've got the basic principles down. I'm attempting to eat clean for this week. I'm unsure about a couple of ingredients in some of my recipes, but I think that I should be fine, right? For example, I'm making slow-cooker lentil soup (WW recipe) and it's all clean except for the chicken broth I have.

Anyway, I'm just really excited for some of these recipes this week:
Oatmeal Pancakes
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
Roasted Acorn Squahs with orange-ginger sauce
Spicy Tilapia
Lemon-Thyme Wild Rice
Orange Cream Smoothie
Chicken & Barley Soup
Fish Fritters with red pepper & malt vinegar sauce

What are your favorite clean recipes?

Re: attempting a week of eating clean

• Good for you!  I'll be excited to hear how it goes for you.  I've heard so many good things about clean eating.  I just haven't read about it yet.
    Free Image Hosting by FreeImageHosting.net Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I try to buy organic broths to help out the less-than-clean situation a bit.

Can I have your slow cooker lentil soup?  I had a recipe I'd planned on making last night with lentils, so I got them at the grocery store, but then I just didn't have time, so now I have lentils, and nothing to do with them!

I don't really have any favourite clean recipes yet, but most things can be made clean.  I tried the protein pancakes from my Quick and Easy Clean Eating book/magazine and they were, um, gross.  Ha. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds awesome.  I didn't know they had a book for clean eating.  That sounds fun.  I'll try to check that out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
  • I have to check out the eating clean books! I did 6 weeks of Paleo/Primal earlier this year, and this seems from what i can tell a "light" version of Paleo. Paleo is no grains, no dairy, no processed foods. Grass-fed meats. Organic veggies.

Am I right? You can have dairy, grains, etc so long as it's clean (not processed)? That's pretty much how I've been eating lately, since strict Paleo is HARD especially since I travel so much for work now.
  • I hear eating clean is an awesome way to eat!
    I have a recipe that involves lentils and can't find them in my grocery store. I'm sure it's because I'm totally overlooking them since I've never cooked with them/bought them. Can someone please tell me where you found them in your grocery store?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards