Getting in Shape
Options

Who has a great wedding ARM workout?

Overall, I'm happy with my weight. However, I would love to rock Michelle Obama or slightly less crazy Madonna arms :) I've been doing bicep curls, push-ups, front shoulder raises...the basics. I think I've reached a plateau. Any suggestions? 

Re: Who has a great wedding ARM workout?

• Options
    Yoga pushups!! I do power yoga and at Thanksgiving, my mom told me my arms looked like Michelle Obama's. Start in a high pushup position, with your wrists stacked under your shoulders. Firm up your core (bonus ab workout), and keep your pelvis tucked in (your natural tendency is going to be to stick your butt up to make it easier). Lower down half-way, so that your elbows are bent at 90 degrees, and (this is key, this is what works the triceps, to get rid of those lunch lady arms), keep your elbows tucked in towards your ribs so that as you're lowering down halfway, your upper arms are just grazing your ribs. Only go down halfway, make sure to stay strong through the abs, and then push back up (making sure to keep your pelvis tucked under). Lather, rinse, repeat...do a few sets four-five days a week, and a month from now, your friends will be talking about your killer arms. If these instructions are a little unclear, google "plank pose to chaturanga dandasana".
  • Options
    Yesss I've been looking for a good arm workout, too! Thanks!
  • Options
    check out the exercises here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-2-day-32.html

I have been doing this 12 week program and I am definitely starting to see results but this gives you some good bi's & tri's - if you click to the next day there will be some good shoulder exercises too
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm going to the gym tonight...I will definately try one of these :)
  • Options
    Oooo perfect!  I'm happy with my weight too but wana tone for my strapless dress.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards