Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Friday!

Yay for Friday!

Last night I did weight exercises for my arms and then hopped on the elliptical.  I upped my resistance and went a little longer.  Today is my rest day since I'm going straight from work to FI's office party. 

I have my workouts planned for Saturday and Sunday and I also have to go shopping for all my baking supplies for next week.  I'm making a few things to bring home over Christmas and I'm really excited about it.  Just have to stop myself from taste-testing too much...

How about everyone else?  Busy weekends or relaxing ones coming up?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Friday!

• Options
    Ooooh I would have trouble with that as well!
  • Options
    I bit the bullet and joined a gym.  The self-imposed running and weight schedule was NOT cutting it.  I'm hoping to take off the pesky cohabitation weight that I've put on in the past year.

Yesterday's workout: 40 minutes (3.2 miles) on the elliptical and 4 sets of 15 reps for my upper and lower abs and obliques.

Today? - 45 minutes on the stairclimber, 4 sets, 15 reps for arms.

So very glad that it is Friday!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:e5d64772-ae51-4dcf-9ac1-bfd6b1b9e32aPost:9a0aa386-2c61-4b4e-b10e-ab2d79f53eb4">Re: Workout Accountability: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bit the bullet and joined a gym.  The self-imposed running and weight schedule was NOT cutting it.  I'm hoping to take off the pesky cohabitation weight that I've put on in the past year. Yesterday's workout: 40 minutes (3.2 miles) on the elliptical and 4 sets of 15 reps for my upper and lower abs and obliques. Today? - 45 minutes on the stairclimber, 4 sets, 15 reps for arms. So very glad that it is Friday!
    Posted by JennaBirdTheBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Nice job!  Stick with it and I'm sure all of the exercise plus a healthy diet will mean success for you!</div>
  • Options
    I lifted weights after work last night & went to spin class this morning :)

Jude- good luck not taste testing while you bake- that is seriously impossible for me!
  • Options
    I'm a taste-tester no matter what I'm making... it drives FI absolutely nuts.

I ran a 5k last night, just under a minute slower than my best time... I was tired from the longer run the night before and my ankle was bothering me.  I did some 5 minute abs as well. Tonight I will most likely cross train using the elliptical and do some abs.
  • Options
    I managed to get 60 minutes of light cardio in on my exercise bike last night, looking to get to the gym tonight before going to an art show.
  • Options
    Good job everyone!

Medi  and lbarr- It's not so much tasting the finished product (I can pack it all up and stow it away) it's the leftover ingredients I'll have.  I'm sure to have plenty of peanut butter M&Ms and oreos left.  This is going to be a challenge.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ran a 5k this morning!  Only a few days til we go back home for the holidays.. going to be difficult to keep the diet in check!
  • Options
    I bought Aumba Fitness | 2  for Wii and tried it out last night.  WOW! 

Today is a walk and some Zumba

This weekend will be a 16 mile run, a mile swim and 22 miles on my bike on the trainer.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Did a p90x Cardio session and then punished myself for not working last night by throwing in an ab session. Sweaty--but content! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Finally Friday!! :-)

I got in a 6 mile run and a 1.5 mile walk this morning! Have to get back on my eating schedule though! I did better today but my birthday totally screwed me on Wednesday :-) I also now need to watch it because I will not be moving at work, I will be sitting at a desk.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Hard to believe next weekend is Christmas :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards