Getting in Shape

Bridalicious? Has anyone used it? Any suggestions of eating?

Trying to get into shape and I was looking around the website when I came across Bridalicious Boot Camp DVD.  I was originally using the Women's Health: The Wedding Workout which works but, I was thinking of another workout dvd to alternate between the two workouts so, that my body does not get use to it. 

In addition my last three days of eating should help me achieve my goal if bridalicious works.

Day 1

Breakfast 1 slice of whole-wheat bread with a teaspoon of apple butter and a Pineapple-Banana Frappe

Midmorning 6 walnuts

Lunch Grileed Vegetables sandwhich with fresh Goat cheese and 3 cups of mixed fruits.

Midafternoon Apple

Dinner Salmon with spinach and mustard with brown rice.

Day 2 Maple Oatmeal with prune and plums with 2 hard boiled eggs no yolk

Midmorning Banana

Lunch Hummus Sandwich with fruit salad

Midafternoon Peach

Dinner Barbecued Red Snapper with Spicy read beans and rice with non-iceberg garden salad.

Day 3 which was today

Breakfast 1 sliced of whole-wheat bread with 1 teaspoon of Almond butter and Raspberry-orange smoothie

Midmorning 6 walnuts

Lunch Roaster red pepper and Kalamata Olive sicilian Salad and Dijon Chicken

Midafternoon 12 pecans

Dinner Homemade Smoked Mozzarella and Veggied Stuffed(sauteed Vegetable) pizza.

What I had to drink was basically water other than what I have listed.
Is this good because I want to eat enough so that I could get into bride shape before the big day which is months away I just want to get into the habit.

Please offer any suggestions. Smile

Re: Bridalicious? Has anyone used it? Any suggestions of eating?

• Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I can't help you much on the DVDs, though variety never hurt, but just make sure to get in both weight work and cardio.

Your eating sounds amazing!  Can you to cook that kind of stuff for me??? :)  Do be careful of the sugar in some of those frappes though - it can be quite a lot!

Also, just make sure to get the right amount of calories for your intake needs/activity levels, especially when you're working out a lot (many of us use MyFitnessPal or similar sites and apps to track our food.)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_bridalicious-has-anyone-used-it-any-suggestions-of-eating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ea25d155-a89b-456c-9f10-4bffe94054f6Post:13b7003d-6224-4ab3-a56f-120e4d6932c9">Re: Bridalicious? Has anyone used it? Any suggestions of eating?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't help you much on the DVDs, though variety never hurt, but just make sure to get in both weight work and cardio. Your eating sounds amazing!  Can you to cook that kind of stuff for me??? :)  Do be careful of the sugar in some of those frappes though - it can be quite a lot! Also, just make sure to get the right amount of calories for your intake needs/activity levels, especially when you're working out a lot (many of us use MyFitnessPal or similar sites and apps to track our food.)
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

I make the Frappe myself so yeah I can control the sugars in that and I like the idea of weight work so, I'll try to add more of that into my routine. Thanks for the advice.
  • Ditto the recommendation to use myfitnesspal.com.  I just started on this board and listened to what the ladies had to say, and it has worked for me already! And it was all due to the calorie count for me.

I am also a video lover for some of my workouts- I just bought the Bridalicious set, but haven't actually used it yet.  The benefit of it is that it comes with the E-books that has a plan for workouts, and when to progress the dvd's and everything.  The minus for me, is that it does not tell you how long the dvd's are (that I've been able to find yet).  I like to know which ones are best for shorter days and which ones I can use when I have more time.
    Other videos I use and really enjoy are the Biggest Loser series, as well as Bob Harper or Jillian Michaels on their own.  They are all really tough, and I end up sore and covered in sweat, and most of them have options to do part or all of the dvd, or do certain levels.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_bridalicious-has-anyone-used-it-any-suggestions-of-eating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ea25d155-a89b-456c-9f10-4bffe94054f6Post:b6faeae6-b709-4f76-9b54-3e83422ccff3">Re: Bridalicious? Has anyone used it? Any suggestions of eating?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto the recommendation to use myfitnesspal.com.  I just started on this board and listened to what the ladies had to say, and it has worked for me already! And it was all due to the calorie count for me. I am also a video lover for some of my workouts- I just bought the Bridalicious set, but haven't actually used it yet.  The benefit of it is that it comes with the E-books that has a plan for workouts, and when to progress the dvd's and everything.  The minus for me, is that it does not tell you how long the dvd's are (that I've been able to find yet).  I like to know which ones are best for shorter days and which ones I can use when I have more time. Other videos I use and really enjoy are the Biggest Loser series, as well as Bob Harper or Jillian Michaels on their own.  They are all really tough, and I end up sore and covered in sweat, and most of them have options to do part or all of the dvd, or do certain levels.
    Posted by ptrose13[/QUOTE]

Oh Thank you so much because I was thinking of buying some of Jillian Michaels DVD's and I never even thought of doing Bob Harper.
  • I have been using the Bridalicious Boot Camp DVDs for a while now and I LOVE THEM!!! They are about 30-45 mins I think and it goes so quick that its over before you know it. I recommend them. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_bridalicious-has-anyone-used-it-any-suggestions-of-eating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ea25d155-a89b-456c-9f10-4bffe94054f6Post:cded1c5f-6094-4f5b-9f8f-e8415105685c">Re: Bridalicious? Has anyone used it? Any suggestions of eating?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is actually a Bridealicious Boot Camp board here on TK and a FB page where the creator/coach, Doug, regularly posts and answers questions.  I haven't tried the DVDs themselves, but I use quite a few of the mini workouts that Doug posts and really like them.   As for eating, that sounds really good, but it sounds like you're on a very low calorie diet.  Definitely start using something like MyFitnessPal or MyPlate to track your calorie intake and your workouts.  You should not be dropping below 1200 NET calories a day, or else your body will start hanging on to every pound it has.  
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I am trying to stick to 1400 to 1600 calories a day to maintain my current weight but,. yeah that is a good idea to go no lower than 1200 calories. Thank you for the webpage advice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_bridalicious-has-anyone-used-it-any-suggestions-of-eating?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:ea25d155-a89b-456c-9f10-4bffe94054f6Post:26d77bb9-18b6-4a22-9ebc-a7ef02566bdb">Re: Bridalicious? Has anyone used it? Any suggestions of eating?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been using the Bridalicious Boot Camp DVDs for a while now and I LOVE THEM!!! They are about 30-45 mins I think and it goes so quick that its over before you know it. I recommend them. :)
    Posted by bethie0022[/QUOTE]

30-45 mins sounds good for me because I do not want to workout no more than 50 minutes because who has that kind of time? It goes so quick that its over before you know it? Must be a fun workout. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards