Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Shower Game Prizes?

So, I'm helping throw a baby shower this weekend, and we're having a few games.  We sort of forgot about prizes until just now, and I'm about to go on a hunt for something.  The kicker is that I'd like it to be pretty cheap, but not something that the winner will roll their eyes over.  I'm really hoping for a $5 item, because we've sort of spent a lot of money on the shower so far, and we're doing 4 prizes.  Thoughts?

Re: Shower Game Prizes?

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candles or Bath and Body Works
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe some cheap candles? That's all I could really think of...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_shower-game-prizes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3bdc8d15-b843-43cd-b784-b663c9fd6dadPost:bb288fd8-d9b7-46cf-9cb0-0bf6fa5749cb">Re: Shower Game Prizes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Candles or Bath and Body Works
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

This!  Or candy, lots out right now because of V-day.  What about a $5 gc to starbucks.  Not much but something.  BBW is always a good plan because they usually have 5 for $20 or something like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the giftcard idea. Just putting myself in that position - I'd rather win a giftcard than anything else :)
  • Options
    carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when i did a baby shower, i made really cute wooden frames. i bought $1 frames from michaels, painted them, and got those wooden words that say family, laugh, etc. ($1) and the girls loved them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh ooh pick me me me!!

At my bridal shower my MOH got these big delicious iced cookies of a bride and a ring and couple other things made at a bakery for prizes.  They were really cute and a big hit.

Food is always a big hit.  =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I hosted a baby shower I bought candles and picture frames as the 'gifts'.  I really don't think they expect to win a big huge gift just for winning a game at a baby shower.

Another idea is bath and body works (like Brianna said), they have those bins right by the check out that have things for like $5.  Same thing for Victoria's Secret.  They have lotion, etc.
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your ideas!  I love TJMaxx... I found cute, really yummy candles in a jar for $5.  They're pretty good size, so the winners will hopefully like them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just at BB&B last night (the one on 15th in Richardson) and they had a bunch of clearance items.

I'm talking big baskets filled with a bunch of bath items and they were $7.50.  They had some other smaller one too so I'm sure they'd be around $5.

Which also reminds me if any one is looking for chargers, they had silver, gold and red for $1 each.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hosted a baby shower for my FSIL a couple months ago and we just went and bought a 4 pack of candles at Sam's for like 20 bucks.
  • Options
    jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candles are the 1st things that comes to mind. What about items from Bath & Body Works? I hear they are having a sale right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards