Getting in Shape
Options

Freaking "healthy eating".

I literally dreamt of donuts last night, then this morning, show up at work at 6am and there are freaking cupcakes! I haven't eaten one, and I won't, but I feel like an addict going through withdrawals. Geez
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Freaking "healthy eating".

• Options
    Have a donut.  Just one!  But have one.  If you're "having withdrawals" that shows a pretty serious obsession and those that cut out things as "off limits" often end up binging when they break.  Have one donut.  Honestly, if one donut is enough to break your entire diet, you're probably doing it wrong anyway.  Don't suffer needlessly/
  • Options
    Find a coworker who wants to split a cupcake with you - it always makes me so happy when that's an option, so I can just have a little.

I agree with Anna - the longer you hold off, the more you'll overdo it later.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You have to give in to your cravings- in a managable way.
    So have the donut, or have a couple donut holes.
    Last night I went to the movies and split a popcorn with my FI.  After a day or working out and eating healthy, I still stayed in my calorie range and felt satisfied.
  • Options
    Like pp said, don't deprive yourself.  Just have one donut or split a cupcake with someone.  At least the cupcakes are at your work and not at your home.  I know I won't overdo it at work since I'd feel REALLY awkward about eating 2+ cupcakes in front of my coworkers.  If they were at home, though, that would be an entirely different story.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I feel ya!!!  I work night shift as a nurse and it never fails that we are having a party for some random thing or ordering pizza every night or drug reps bringing treats!!!  luckily i have very supportive co-workers who don't even offer me the option to order with them :)  i would say to give yourself a treat now and then, especially if you are dreaming of them.    just be sure to limity them or maybe even find an alternative treat. i found a brand of greek yogurt popsicles that i LOVE, and they have 70 calories and 9g of protein, plus they are big so i feel like i binged on one.  good luck :)
  • Options
    By having "withdrawals" I mean it's something I want and crave because those are the "bad" foods I loved most (carbs in general, mainly- but SWEET carbs= yummm). I don't think having one would break my diet, but I'd like to know I have the willpower to be able to limit myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You know what is awesome? Donuts sweetened with all natural juices. I ran the kitchen at an elementary school and we did the Get Healthy challenge Michelle Obama set up. So for breakfast, we found these donuts that were at least a bit healthier than good old Dunkin' and they were within the Get Healthy guidelines. I can look up the company if you are really having withdrawls and don't want to feel guilty!
  • Options
    my issue is hamburgers and french fries.. I'm seriously addicted.. I'm drooling even typing about it.. lol

I just have them in moderation. and not the normal size I would have had.
    2013 bride interested in joining a weight loss contest? Message me for details!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For me, it's pepsi. I don't drink coffee (but love the smell), am trying to like tea (green, black, fancy teas), but pepsi has been my kryptonite. At one point I was drinking a 2litre a day, but am down to a much more managable 2 glasses a day. I am trying to give it up altogether, but figure that weaning myself off will be my best hope for success.

But I agree with the other posters; if you don't give in a little, you're almost certainly setting yourself up to go too far. It's always better to give yourself a small reward regularly because it gives you something to look forward to, and makes you less likely to binge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a FIRM believer in moderation; eat everything in moderation! Eating one cupcake and then staying healthy for the rest of the day I would say is being moderate about your eating habits.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards