• Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Getting in Shape

Newbie Knottie!

Chipmunk415Chipmunk415 at the corner of Wine Ave. and Margarita Ln. member
500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper

Good Morning!

I'm new to the Knot, trying to get myself in shape 1) for overall lifestyle and health, 2) for my brother's wedding next May, 3) for when I and my wonderful man decide to get married (it's a given, just a matter of formal engagement, planning, saving, etc). Hoping to find support and tips/ideas for healthy, easy prep meals and exercise!

Background on me: Knee problems since high school make running very painful, weight went up in college and grad school, and I want to change that around! My guy is behind me 100%, but being a former Marine, his workouts are waay too much for my poor left knee (the darn thing actually clicks and pops every time I bend it, aches in cold weather and in major weather changes or storms...good thing I live in Florida!)

Re: Newbie Knottie!

• Hey! Welcome to the board. There are lots of great low-impact exercises you can do. I have pretty bad joint problems and am able to use an elliptical with no issue. Swimming is always a good choice too (especially if you live in Florida!)
  • Welcome! 

Swimming is always a good choice for non-impact cardio. 

My FI has really bad knees too, and he has found biking to be a great low impact way to strengthen his knees. However, one caveat to that, depending on what the issue is with your knees, biking can exacerbate the problem. I would get cleared by a doc, and make sure you have your bike professionally fitted, to avoid making any problems worse. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards