Getting in Shape

Workout Accountability: Monday

So, workout fail for the past few days.  I had an allergic reaction to a BC implant so that took away from a few days of exercising.  Tonight, FI and I are meeting with a travel agent to get the HM squared away.  Hopefully tomorrow night everything will be back to normal and I can get back to training and lifting!

How did you all do this weekend?  Any workout plans or goals for the week?

Re: Workout Accountability: Monday

• I had a food fail on Friday night - we had a party and I ended up consuming an entire DAYS worth of calories just in wine (and that was in addition to eating my normally allotted calories for the day).

Saturday sucked pretty hard, but my wine-drinking buddy and I went to the gym together to try to burn off some of the bad we'd done to our bodies the night before. Did 35 minutes on the elliptical and then 25 minutes of weight lifting. Definitely wasn't an awesome feeling workout (just because of the hangover), but in the end I was REALLY happy I hadn't just sat around all day groaning about how I felt.

Yesterday was our big shopping day, so I walked around a lot - also got 60 minutes of light cardio in on my bike before I went to bed.

My goal for this week is to reign in my eating a lot better this week. I feel like I've been allowing myself too many unhealthy treats and I need to cut back on that.
  • Good morning!

Friday was a rest day--FI and I went out to dinner and then out for drinks with some friends. I haven't had alcohol in a while, so I was really feeling my two drinks. On Saturday we did a power cleaning of the house and then I tried Jillian Micahels' No More Trouble Zones. It was tough and I really felt sore the next day. On Sunday I did my first day of Week 2 of C25K and then 6 Week 6 Pack from JM. It was intense, but when I weighed myself on Sunday, I was down another 1.4 lbs. So I am glad I am sticking with it.

This week I am finishing up Ripped in 30 (week 4) and then continuing with Week 2 of C25K. We are going bridesmaid dress shopping with my younger sister on Saturday (she is getting married in December) and I need to look into getting my bridesmaid dress for a friend's wedding (April) altered because it's now too big.

lbarr, where are you thinking of going on your HM?
    entropic, at least you've recognized what changes you need to make. That's a great first step! I love your goal for the week--good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We have never been on a cruise and I'm terrified of flying (I know I have to get over it someday) so we decided that the cruise would be our best bet.  The cruise goes to the Bahamas so now we are going over trip insurance, etc. since we will be going in September = peak hurricane season.

Nice job ladies :)  Entropic, I always have to tell myself that it is OK to do badly once in awhile.  If you normally eat healthy and exercise, one bad night wont ruin everything you've ever done.  
  • Rest day Saturday, then a hike on Sunday, then spin class this morning.  I need to catch up on recording my food and activity from yesterday on my FitBit.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Omg lbarr! I hope you are feeling better! That's terrible - allergic reactions are the worst! I am allergic to a lot of medications so I know how awful and uncomfortable it is when that happens. Gah, hope you got it all straighted out!

FI and I did an hour circuit work out yesterday. Saturday I took a day off since we were both very busy. We had a family party to go to Saturday and another one with friends of ours that night. I hope to do some lifting when I get home from work tonight. The scale has finally started moving again!! I hope this means I'm getting out of my plateau!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks maribeth!  It wasn't all that bad... waiting in the ER for almost 6 hours was probably the worst part!  It was just a rash around the area, it could have been a lot worse and thankfully it wasn't.  
  • Stories like that with the BC freak me out!! I'm glad it wasn't too bad!

After feeling lazzzzzy on Saturday I rallied and did 50min on the elliptical then on Sunday ran 4miles. I followed that one up with a pint of Ben and Jerry's. UGH! Big time food fail, but it was delicious, and today is a new day!

I am hoping to run 4ish miles today, weather depending. If not, I am going to do some 30D Shred, I've been on a hiatus from that, time to get back to it!

Excellent work everyone!
  • This weekend wasn't to terrible.  Friday I went for a walk around the mall while waiting to get my hair cut.

Saturday I ate way to much and went to a wine sampling with a couple co-workers to narrow down the wine selection for the wedding. 

On Sunday I took my new workout buddy for a run outside on the trail.  It was my first time running outside for more than 10 minutes.  Way different then running on a treadmill.  I was so pround of my lab pup.  She kept me going and it was a great feeling to know that I can trust her off the leash with other people around.  All those long months of training has paid off.  I think I just found my new workout buddy!

Medic - How did your long run go this weekend?

• Hi ladies,
    This is my first post for the Accountability posts. I hope this helps me stick with it!

I work every weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon) so getting time to workout is tough for me between work, school (graduating in May), and keeping the house clean, etc. BUT I had time for 1 mile on the treadmill on Saturday. As well as a run around the lake with my sister yesterday (2.1 miles in 25 min). I was DYING at the end of our run yesterday. It would tough so I know it did some good.

I work out with a trainer Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I hope to drag my FI to the gym tonight to do some more cardio.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lbarr- I hope you are feeling better!

I was supposed to do 20 miles this weekend, which is my last really long run before I taper prior to the marathon.  I ended up running 22 miles!!!  Needless to say, I ate like a mack truck the rest of the day to make up my BMR plus approx 100 cals per mile (so for me that is more than 3500 calories!)

I get to cut back my mileage this week and next, then the third week is supposed to be nice & easy as the race is that weekend.  Thank goodness!
  • Wow medica that's awesome! congrats and good luck! when is your race?

I had a hard spin class on sat, so took sun off. My left knee was feeling wonky so I'm taking today off from the gym as well. 
    Photobucket
  • Nice job medic!  FI's boss ran a marathon this weekend and he said that he struggled (really cold and windy... right on the ocean).  He ended up finishing 49 out of 600 so to me that was pretty awesome.  I don't think I could ever run more than a half.  I came to that conclusion when I ran 11 miles the other weekend lol.
  • Happy Monday!

Travel weekend was a success. Managed to do a workout at the high school track and really kept track of calories. Had two glasses of wine at the shower but considered that the "splurge" for the week.

With two weeks to go until my dress fitting I'll be keeping an even tighter watch on the diet and exercise routine. Tonight I'll train with the trainer for an hour and I see a lot of push ups and arm work in the near future. :-)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    imageimage

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Jaridds- the race is St Pat's weekend... so 3 weeks!  It's on the oceanfront as well, so I know the wind might be an issue, but I am hoping it's at least 40 degrees, but not more than 60.  We'll see.  I have a 12 mile run this weekend, then 10 next weekend, then an easy week to let my legs recover.  Almost there! 

I never thought I could do it either, but a marathon training plan is similar to any other trainin plan- just build up slowly, a little at a time, and as long as you train smart and recover adequately, you'd be SHOCKED at how far your legs can carry you!  To be honest though, I don't think I'm ever going to do another marathon.  I'm exhausted & constantly hungry.  I think I'm going to be a one-and-done!
  • 50 cruntches total , 1 hr dancing with my xbox , 15min hulla hoop,  4 hours of furniture moving , 8 hrs of cleaning this weekend . Ok start but I didnt get to get a run in Frownmanaged to only drink 2 sodas Wink. This is my first post here too. Glad to see everyones progress!:)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-monday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:f394fc0c-fe03-41ef-a0d4-14b652f0dc92Post:47280322-0200-4c70-bc8a-9c9a2b02ae12">Re: Workout Accountability: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lbarr- I hope you are feeling better!<strong> I was supposed to do 20 miles this weekend, which is my last really long run before I taper prior to the marathon.  I ended up running 22 miles!!! </strong> Needless to say, I ate like a mack truck the rest of the day to make up my BMR plus approx 100 cals per mile (so for me that is more than 3500 calories!) I get to cut back my mileage this week and next, then the third week is supposed to be nice & easy as the race is that weekend.  Thank goodness!
    Posted by medicapril[/QUOTE]

Amazing!! I did a marathon while in college and remember that last long run as my very very best through all of trainign and way better than the marathon itself. I am terrible in races, but that 22 miles was such an awesome challenge to do on my own terms. Enjoy your tapered weeks!!
  • Medi - that is AWESOME!!! Wow! Nice job :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The weekend was good for me. Friday night FI and I went to the gym and did day two of week 3 of C25K, and then spent 30 minutes on the weights.

Last night I went to the gym and finished up week 3 of C25K and hit the weights. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for that one though, because FI (workout buddy) stayed home in his housecoat and I still went to the gym! Woohoo!

I have been cheat-weighing myself this week.. I am only supposed to weigh in on Thursday mornings but I can't help but sneak on to that scale when I'm not supposed to! I did today.. and I'm excited to record a new weight on Thursday... ;)

Good job everyone! Medic, I am so impressed and motivated by your 22 miles. That is just amazing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you all for your encouragement!  Most of my friends think I am insane (and I tend to agree with them!) so it is really great to be motivated & encouraged.  As soon as I finished that run this weekend, I was sore & tired, but I knew I would be able to finish my marathon. 

To everyone just starting C25k or training for their first race, or first 10k, first half marathon, whatever- YOU CAN DO IT!!!  I had a stress fracture in my femur after my first half marathon so I really didn't think I was "built" for distance running after that.  In fact, next week will be my "One year off crutches" milestone, and I am certain if I can do it, anyone can do it :)

Thanks for the support ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards