Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Pre-Marital Seminar

So the wedding coordinator at the church we are using just sent me an e-mail reminding me about the pre-marital seminar we have to do before our wedding. They cancelled theirs, so now I have to find somewhere else. She suggested Watermark church but that's an 8 week class!!! We both have crazy schedules and can't possibly do one that long. I was thinking it would be like a weekend thing. Anyone have any ideas? We live in Downtown Dallas so anything within 15-20 miles would be nice. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pre-Marital Seminar

• aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    For the record, Watermark's is really great. FI and I loved it and it really gave us a good foundation. Even though FI and I have been together for 5 years, we still discovered things and got a lot of material upon which we can grow. I highly recommend their program. 

ETA: we both have crazy schedules as well (I tutor in the evenings, have a full time salaried job, and we have a side thing that takes up our weekends) but we still did what we could. If you can try to make time for it, I think you will really find it worthwhile. Just my two cents :) 
  • edited March 2012
    I'm assuming it's an 8 hour requirement? We had to do Engaged Encounter to get married in FI's church (Catholic church), and it was a weekend retreat that fulfilled the requirement and got us the Twogether in Texas completion certificate and discount on our marriage license. However, I know the weekends book up pretty quickly.

ETA: I googled and found Anthem North Texas, verified through Twogether in Texas. Here is a list of their upcoming classes. 
    http://www.anthemnorthtexas.org/workshops/for-engaged-couples
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We did Engaged Encounter through the Diocese of Dallas.  It's not required that you be Catholic to participate, just as long as you understand the curriculum is written with Catholic marriages in mind.  H and I really enjoyed it.
    Anniversary

• We were going to do Anthem until we realized our officiant does a similar thing for all of his couples.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_pre-marital-seminar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3dc7d85c-e1a5-4a8d-b905-f81e8c7542efPost:6448370f-08b5-489b-a949-6320f63715e5">Re: Pre-Marital Seminar</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the record, Watermark's is really great. FI and I loved it and it really gave us a good foundation. Even though FI and I have been together for 5 years, we still discovered things and got a lot of material upon which we can grow. I highly recommend their program.  ETA: we both have crazy schedules as well (I tutor in the evenings, have a full time salaried job, and we have a side thing that takes up our weekends) but we still did what we could. If you can try to make time for it, I think you will really find it worthwhile. Just my two cents :) 
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

<div>That's my only thing is that my schedule is varied so some days I will have Tuesdays off (which is the day they are having it) and some days I won't. So on the days that you couldn't make it was that ok?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing Prestonwood Church they have Sunday morning and Wednesday evening seminars.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards