Getting in Shape

Diet Suggestions-New to this Board

Hi everyone!!! I'm new to this board and I am looking to lose 50-75 lbs!! A few years ago in undergrad I lost 50 lbs by just exercising and tracking my calories but once I started grad school I gained 30 of it back. I was really stressed about school, being in a new city, and missing my family. I joined Curves in Feb and by May I had lost 20 lbs then the worst thing for my weight loss plan happened my FI was on military leave. And he loves to cook. I never eat fried foods, sweets, drink soda, and watch everything I eat but the time he was home it all went out the window!! He's very active of course and seemed not to gain a pound!! I was in my last semester of my graduate program and it seems I started going to Curves less and less.

Well in May I broke my elbow and couldnt exercise and couldn't go to Curves. I know I could have walked and done other things but I was so stressed out with school, internship, and about to make the big move to Illinois. I moved to IL in July and I was suppose to transfer my Curves membership but never had time. Now I've gained my 15lbs!! Help!! I need any suggestions. Has anyone every tried Weight Watchers? I'm thinking about trying it out. How did you like it and how was your results? I can't wait to get to know you all and I hope you all can be my support system!!
Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Diet Suggestions-New to this Board

• I think it's really finding what keeps you motivated and feeling good.  I've lost 25 pounds working out some but mostly just counting calories.  I got an app for my phone and put everything in BEFORE I ate it.  A real shocker when you're like "sure I'll have this slice of pizza" and then you see how many calories it is.  For a lot of people the Weight Watchers groups help them with accountability and motivation.  I have a hard time enjoying exercise and making time for the gym so that's why I focused really strictly on calories.  But now I'm trying to get more into exercising.  You can have treats sometimes but if it's something that you know is unhealthy just have a really small amount.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much for the advice and good luck to u as well!!
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards