Getting in Shape
Options

Motivation

Ugh. I'm at a complete loss for motivation. So so tired all of the time! What do you all use to get you going?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Motivation

• Options
    I find this time of year really hard. I have SAD, so everything takes a lot of effort for me during the fall/winter. But I find that if I build things into my schedule and make it routine, then motivation doesn't matter, and it's just a habit. That works for me, because if I don't work out, I'm at the point where I miss it! (and I never thought I'd get there!)

You might also want your doctor to check your iron levels or vitamin B12 or D. Problems with these can cause the blahs - as can a bad diet. All personal experience...

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with scheduling workouts. I get up at 6 am and go to the gym as part of my daily routine because I know I'll never go in the afternoon after work. Also, try a workout class. I always feel really guilty missing them because there's people there who will hold you accountable. I'm also a big proponent of singing up for a summer race super early, as in like now. It forces me to have a reason to workout all winter. I know registration for 2013 triathlons starts in November and you bet your ass I'll be registering for them the day registration opens. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Find a workout buddy - it's easier to be held accountable when it's not just you.

Also, participate in the daily accountability threads here. I find if I know I'm going to be posting I'm a lost more motivated to make the post "I did something" versus "I didn't do what I wanted to do"

Only you know how to motivate yourself in a way that will work for you.
  • Options
    Thanks, ill check with my doc as soon as I find one excepting new patients my current one is a nut job. My diet is horrible! I really got to work on that. Serious case of the blahs over here. Between work and school and life it's such a pain. I need to start waking up early! Such a sucker for a warm bed in the morning. So lazy haha. I've seriously only used my gym membership 1 time in the 6 mos I've been paying for it! Time to make some appointments with the gym and get my money's worth. Everyone I know is too busy or our schedules conflict or they have tiny kids with no sitter. And my fianc works 60 hours in rhe heat and asking him to go to the gym is like practically talking to a snoring wall at the end Of the day lol! I need to Hold myself accountable! Thanks ladies for the pick me up! Ready to start!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    when i don't feel like working out i just think "wedding dress." that usually does the trick!
  • Options

Second what everone else said. Plus I found for me that not putting such high expectations on myself. I would think I had to workout for at least 1/2 hour to an hour. That seemed overwhelming. So I told myself that as Iong as I got there and even if I walked right back out in less than 5 minutes that would be okay. Now I am up to waht I want to be doing (usually).

Another thing. I put my workout clothes in my bag and change before I leave work. I don't even go home cause I know if if do I won't workout.

Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is such a good idea! I never thought to carry the clothes with me! That will cut down the time a lot and gas cost. Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have an app on my phone that helps me track my eating and exercise. I've been using it for the past 5 weeks straight, logging everything I eat and all my workouts. It's super helpful. I don't think I would've made it this long without it. Plus while working out, I keep reminding myself that I want to fit into a much smaller wedding dress than I would currently have to buy.

My fiance and I started doing 5k's as well. If you can't jog/run the whole thing, plenty of people walk. I find doing those will motivate me to work out in between because I'm competitive and want to improve my time.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Entropicbeauty, I just had to say that I LOVE your picture! SO cute!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards