Getting in Shape
Options

Losing Wieght while breastfeeding?

My baby is almost 7 weeks and have lost all the weight I am going to with breastfeeding (20lbs) I still have 30lbs to go. I am doing cardio everyday but i am not seeming to be losing. I cant crash diet and not sure if i can diet any ideas?

Re: Losing Wieght while breastfeeding?

• Options
    Just continue to eat healthy since what you are eating is also feeding your baby. How much cardio are you doing? Is it too much? Maybe try mixing up your workouts. Give strength training a try since it will burn more calories over the course of a day as your muscles repair themselves.
  • Options
    I was breastfeeding my daughter she is almost four months.  But I had to stop because my milk supply completely stopped producing.  I had the same problem with my son to.  I would just keep eating right and drink plenty of fluids.  Have you been working out the whole time after you had your baby?  A lot of OB tell you to weight until after your 6week check up and thats when they give you the okay to do full on work outs.  Just remember your belly is like a balloon when the baby was inside of you it slowly expands, so it will take time for it to go back down.  Here is a website that might help you out  http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-post-baby-belly-why-its-changed-and-how-to-tone-it_1152349.bc good luck and if you need anyone to talk to I am here for you. 

I also am looking to lose all this weight from both of my pregnancies.  With my son I gained 55lbs and my belly did go back down but because of the depo shot my belly got a little bigger.  With my daughter I gained the proper amount of weight they like you to I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight.  But I still have that darn belly from that freaking depo shot.  

Like I said if you have any questions or anything I am here for you.  Good luck and if you like we can be work out buddies in a way to help keep each other in check and on track.  Sorry for bringing up all the other stuff I just needed to vent.

Good luck!

image 125 Invited To Our Winter Wonderland!
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    You need to give it some more time. I felt the same way as you! Like oh crap, I'm not gonna lose anymore weight. After I had my baby 25 pounds fell off in the first week to two. Then I was at a standstill. I think my body just wouldn't let anymore weight go because I lost so much over night. It took 2 more months to start losing again. But it did start coming off again but at a much slower pace...4 to 5 pounds a month for the next couple of months til it was all gone plus some. Don't freak out over it!!! You just gave birth. Eat well and the weight will come off! Breastfeeding is good for and your baby so don't give up!!! Congrats on the baby btw!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Weight Watchers is a program that allows you to live a healthy lifestyle & still lose weight while breastfeeding. it's a fantastic program. I'd suggest talking to your doctor first.
  • Options
    I breastfed for 8 months and lost about 35 lbs 3 years ago and kept it off

(gained some weight on honeymoon in May and from summer boardwalk snacking though and am working on that)

but you shouldn't be losing 20 lbs in 7 weeks. (everyone's different, I don't know but

They say while breastfeeding you should be able to lose about a lb a week.

They also say you shouldn't be crazy about losing weight or dieting too much while nursing because you don't want to cut out important calories that your baby needs and vitamins and minerals.. you want the milk to be full of nutrients..

if you lack on your diet, your baby also will be lacking

You need to eat a balanced diet and the breastfeeding will do the rest.

some simple walking is good too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    what's a depo shot?

I have a daughter but you never know what will happen with the next pregnancy.  I plan on getting pregnant soon and that is why I am kicking my work out in gear to lose the last 10 lbs of honeymoon and summer weightgain lol. 

Really though, what is a depo shot for??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The depo shot is the  Depo-Provera a form of birth control.  It's a shot you get every 3 months.  I hated that birth control.  I've heard it makes a lot of girls get fatter and trust me it made me blow up just from one shot.  So if you ever think about going on birth control I would do a pill or some other kind of birth control.  But then again everyones body is different.

image 125 Invited To Our Winter Wonderland!
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Jumping rope, burns calories, it's easy and inexpensive.
  • Options
    I just came across this in the NROL4W forum, so if the OP is still checking, it might help.

http://forums.jpfitness.com/new-rules-lifting-women/30676-nutrition-breastfeeding.html
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards