Getting in Shape
Options

***Raynes***

I noticed that you commented on Shape and Self magazines in a post below.  I've had subscriptions to both and get emails from Self.  They both have good healthy recipes and good exercises.  I've gotten good tips from both.  I think Shape has better articles - they often compare running shoes or have other useful articles.  I'm sure that from time to time, they might have some articles that you would disagree with.  And Self was recently in the news for photoshopping Kelly Clarkson which I was disappointed about.

Jillian Michaels has recently become a contributing editor with Self and with the exception of the diet pills she has been marketing recently, I agree with a lot of her philophies about being healthy.

I'm not trying to sell you on the magazines, I just didn't think it was right for you to think they are not educational or worthwhile for someone who might like to have a good magazine that has good health tips.

Re: ***Raynes***

• Options
    I appreciate hearing your opinion, I haven't read them a lot myself.  I've just heard second hand about how they put more emphasis on straight weight loss as opposed to general health.  The example I heard was of an article about a girl losing weight who went from a generally healthy BMI (closer to the top/middle of the healthy range) to the very bottom of what's considered healthy, and they put that up as a good example.

Actually, I'll post where I got my second had options from.  Brie of The Fit Bride blog in this post.  Her generaly outlook on health and wellness is one that I associate well with and I value her opinions on most things. 

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards