Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Vows. First Draft.

V, there are many things that I have learned about you and our love over the last five years. I have learned that you are loyal; You easily make friends; You are the type of man who knows I cheat at phase 10 so I can always win and never says a word. You give more than you take. You work hard. You don’t fight dirty. You know all my flaws and still, you love me.

I’ve learned that I could not live a life without your love.

I’ve learned that friends and lovers can be synonymous; that respect has to be freely given; and that after five years love becomes a choice.

You are my love, my friend, my partner. Because of these things:

Whether we are sick or healthy, I will choose you.

Whether we are rich or poor, I will choose you.

Whether we are happy or angry, I will choose you.

Whether we are together or apart, I will choose you.

Whether we are fighting or living in peace, I will choose you.

Your desires will be my desires; your dreams will be my dreams.

I will choose you until the day I day. I will love you, honor you, respect you, live with you, and be proud of you. You are my love, my friend, my partner, and now you are my family.

Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Vows. First Draft.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_vows-first-draft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:24Discussion:1b59134f-c0d4-4870-8291-65a99a96f152Post:bd494600-ddd8-44e2-9071-d14b3d0016fb">Vows. First Draft.</a>:
    [QUOTE]V, there are many things that I have learned about you and our love over the last five years. I have learned that you are loyal; You easily make friends; <strong>You are the type of man who knows I cheat at phase 10 so I can always win and never says a word</strong>. You give more than you take. You work hard. You don’t fight dirty. You know all my flaws and still, you love me. I’ve learned that I could not live a life without your love. I’ve learned that friends and lovers can be synonymous; that respect has to be freely given; and that after five years love becomes a choice. You are my love, my friend, my partner. Because of these things: Whether we are sick or healthy, I will choose you. Whether we are rich or poor, I will choose you. Whether we are happy or angry, I will choose you. Whether we are together or apart, I will choose you. Whether we are fighting or living in peace, I will choose you. Your desires will be my desires; your dreams will be my dreams. I will choose you until the day I day. I will love you, honor you, respect you, live with you, and be proud of you. You are my love, my friend, my partner, and now you are my family.
    Posted by LandV[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I like it but I think the bolded needs reworded. I get the gist of what you're saying, but I have to read it a few times. But I think everything else is great! =)

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I think they're very nice.  I agree with PP that the bolded sentence is odd.  I still don't quite get it.

Thinking purely from a spoken / listened perspective, I think your repetition of "I will choose you" 5 times is possibly a bit too much.  It will feel redundant by the 3rd or 4th time.  Can you condense those down into just two?

Also, I'm assuming it's a typo, but near the end it should day "day I die" not "day I day".
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies. I edited the typo and re worded the sentence. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    very beautiful :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mylyfe2012mylyfe2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think it was really nice. your helping me out since my king decieded he wanted to write our own vows.....
    Mr. and Mrs.Gaylord forever....
  • RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Very beautiful! Very inspiring. I love how you said "I will choose you" I wouldnt take any of those out. Love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards