Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Need help with special VOWS!!

I want to do the unity sand ceremony involving my son, Is their any special vows that my fiance could say to him that will make him feel special that day? My son is very special and I need kind and meaningful words for my fiance to say to him, my son has special needs so he wont be able to repeat anything I just need him to hear it!

Re: Need help with special VOWS!!

• Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Your officiant can help with the wording, but maybe he can say something about family and how this day is special not only bc it joins you and FI, but also bc it is a day about family and how happy your FI is to have your son in his familly now.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this would work, but I've heard of couples doing sand ceremonies and their kids have their own vases of sand to add so it's not just the couple coming together but the whole family is joined.

But I agree with jerseydevil your officiant, your fiance, or you could say in your vows something about family and your son specifically.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked your fiance on what he would like to do?  Maybe he would rather have your son be an honorary best man.  I am sure your fiance loves your son as much as he loves you but it is THEIR relationship.  Let your fiance recognize or honor it in his own way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Google it online. I am in the same situation except I am the new person, my fiance has a 12 yr old son. I am including him in the sand ceremony and he has agreed to be my ring bearer because my 10 yr old sisters are going to be flower girls along with a 3 yr old. I know their ages are very unnormal but I don't care because it is my wedding and I want to include the people important to me. In our wedding party there are 9 people and only 3 are not family.

But yeah Google it, there are lots of ways to do it.
    June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had our officiant say something about how we were becoming a family and how special we were together as a family, as our family had nurtured us we would nurture each other. Then she had her own little vase and color of sand. It was important to her and us and it was one of the best parts of our ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are many ways to honor the relationship between your FI and your son, ultimately maybe you could come up with something between the two of you that you know your son would love (if he loves racecars maybe a racecar analogy created by your officiant ending with your FI presenting your son with a racecar of his own?) This is just an idea though, I have no idea what your specific circumstances are or how extensive your son's special needs really are so this is a decision that you and your future husband will have to make jointly since you guys know your son and his needs best. Best of luck - and it's great that you and your FI want to include your son, he's a part of the new family that's forming too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards