Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Eloping in 3 weeks! Vows???

May 28, 2011.  The day we met.  June 3, 2011. Our first date.  June 24, 2011.  The day you fell in love with me.  July 1, 2011.  The day I fell in love with you.  June 29, 2012.  The day we started living as a family.  September 22, 2012.  The day you committed to one day marrying me.  October 4, 2012.  The day you proposed and the day I said YES!

To you my love I promise to always love you, even when you whistle.  I promise to always treat you with respect, even when you take a 30 minute shower.  I promise to always be passionate with our love, even when you have bad gas.  I promise to always have your back, even when you have too many Patron shots.  I promise to be the best mom I can be to all of our children.  ALL 6 OF THEM.  When am I getting that nanny again? 

You are my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my nurse when I’m sick, my maid when I leave my shoes all over the house.  I can’t remember what life was like without you and I never want to.  You are my life, my world, my ever after. 

Today.  November 2, 2012.  Our wedding day.  The day I marry my soulmate, lover, best friend, my honeybee.  Now let’s go before we are late!

All my love.  All of me.

Re: Eloping in 3 weeks! Vows???

• JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_vows_eloping-in-3-weeks-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:24Discussion:4b93c605-6e05-4acb-9804-a6a38d86c0b9Post:65f47c60-779e-48c7-b0ab-6eb306a1c6a8">Eloping in 3 weeks! Vows???</a>:
    [QUOTE]May 28, 2011.   The day we met.   June 3, 2011. Our first date.   June 24, 2011.   The day you fell in love with me.   July 1, 2011.   The day I fell in love with you.   June 29, 2012.   The day we started living as a family.   September 22, 2012.   The day you committed to one day marrying me.   October 4, 2012.   The day you proposed and the day I said YES! To you my love I promise to always love you, even when you whistle.   I promise to always treat you with respect, even when you take a 30 minute shower.  <strong> I promise to always be passionate with our love, even when you have bad gas.</strong>   I promise to always have your back, even when you have too many Patron shots.   I promise to be the best mom I can be to all of our children.   ALL 6 OF THEM.   When am I getting that nanny again?   You are my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my nurse when I’m sick, my maid when I leave my shoes all over the house.   I can’t remember what life was like without you and I never want to.   You are my life, my world, my ever after.   Today.   November 2 , 2012.   Our wedding day.   The day I marry my soulmate, lover, best friend, my honeybee.   Now let’s go before we are late! All my love.   All of me.
    Posted by sfcityhallwedding[/QUOTE]

I would take out that line.  It just sounds weird and uncomfortable, not funny.
  • Too late.  We are leaving Thu and they are already written but thanks for your reply. 
  • What was the point of posting this then, if you didn't want feedback? I too would skip that line.
  • I know your already married! But still wanted to say I wouldn't change anything...!!! It was cute. It may not have been funny to anybody else but vows are for and your fianc anyway!!!!
  • You and your fianc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards