Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

renewing vows

My husband and i will have been married 5 years come October 20th. In these 5 years we have had wonderful memories our first home purchase 2 babies 2 puppies car buying and we have also had bad things happen we have gone through deaths struggles even a few month seperation caused by stress. But our biggest moment has been our sadest moment as well...in august of 2011 we welcomed a beautiful baby boy who was born with a rare disease it is a disease caused by gentics nothing you can cure or fix and at 9 months old we lost him. He got very ill and fought hard for his life for 3 days. While i was pregnant and before then we talked about renewing our vows in the future, I just wish our son were here to share the memory. Im thinking we should renew for our 5 year and remember our son at the ceremony. Because of our son our marriage has become stronger and I would love to share the moment with a group of family and friends. Anyone have any opionions on this? Where do you start? should we walk together down the isle? So many things to think about that are differnt form our wedding.

Re: renewing vows

• Options
    Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!

"Anyone have any opionions on this?" You will find a wide variety of opinions about vow renewals, especially here on TK. Personally, I think they are fine and am planning my own for June 2013.

"Where do you start?" You need to start by figuring out what you want your event to look like. Since my husband and I didn't even start out with knowing that, I googled pics and videos of other couples' vow renewals. That helped me decide what I wanted. There's a lot out there and I highly recommend taking some time to do this.

"Should we walk together down the isle?" That's up to you. 

"So many things to think about that are differnt form our wedding." I totally agree!! It's nice to run into others planning renewals who are shuffling through the decision-making process. I hope you stick around and chat about your plans! Many of us have our fingers crossed that TK will pull together a Vow Renewal forum. It would be great to have a board specifically for the topic, I think!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. :( I cannot even imagine what it would be like to go through something like that, and can definitely understand wanting to honor him with friends and family.

I've never been to a vow renewal, but I think it's great to celebrate your love and marriage! I am curious though - any particular reason why you are wanting the 5 year anniversary to be the renewal? Did you have a small wedding before and want to have a bigger bash now? Or maybe the reverse - wanting a smaller, more intimate setting?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards