Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dallas Bridal Shower Locations

Hello! I've seen this topic come up a few times but wanted to see if I could get an updated response. My sister from out of state is throwing a shower for me. Chocolate Angel looks very cute and is just my taste but wanted to give her other options as well since I think she wanted to bring the cake and food in she made herself--she is a very good cook. 

Any suggestions? I would prefer to stay right in Dallas but am willing to go a bit up north (Addison or Richardson). Oh and would like it to be affordable, nothing too pricey. Thanks in advance ladies!

Re: Dallas Bridal Shower Locations

• Options
    There are a lot of little "tea rooms" in downtown Plano that I know my MOH checked out when she was planning my shower.

Do you know what kind of feel she is going for?  There is a place called Another Broken Egg on Greenville (and Southwestern, I think) that does really delicious brunch and has a little side room that you could probably reserve for a party, maybe?
    Anniversary

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I had my shower at The Chocolate Angel and it was really nice. I have pics in my bio. Most places will let you bring a cake but as far as food maybe Times Ten Cellar? Someone else will know more about that place than I do. I don't know if you can just rent it or if you have to serve their wine.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm going to ask about Times Ten. I would love to have a shower at a Tea Room but I think my sister is used to having and going to showers that are at people's homes or at a church where people bring in the food and it is relatively inexpensive so $17-20 per can seem pricey to her. Having it at a house would be fine with me but my bms and close friends have small apts right now.
  • Options
    veroniquelealveroniqueleal member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Thanks I will look into the Broken Egg. Tea rooms are nice but Plano is a little too far north than what I wanted. 
  • Options
    Have you given your MOH the email addresses for all your friends and bridesmaids? Maybe she can send an email asking if anybody has a recommendation (since you can't plan your own shower). You never know if somebody has a friend/or parent willing to loan a house. We had my shower at my Aunt's house in Plano, because she has a large open floorpan. And she and my MOH set up all the food they made.
  • Options
    I'm also wondering how much it would cost to rent a B&B's common rooms. Example: http://daisypolkinn.com/?load=flash
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dallas-bridal-shower-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3f50c159-282d-4762-af10-fb64f652204dPost:f37968ad-a0a2-4178-bf39-b95691317ff3">Re: Dallas Bridal Shower Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you given your MOH the email addresses for all your friends and bridesmaids? Maybe she can send an email asking if anybody has a recommendation (since you can't plan your own shower). You never know if somebody has a friend/or parent willing to loan a house. We had my shower at my Aunt's house in Plano, because she has a large open floorpan. And she and my MOH set up all the food they made.
    Posted by Jen6862[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to help my bridesmaid out since she is out of state, doesn't know the area, and has four kids. She offered though and is really into it but I just feel bad her doing so much with so much to do back home. My other bridesmaids are helping her but two have kids as well, one is in college at Baylor, and the other in NY and won't make it to the shower. Luckily today my FI mom offered to help her and I am hoping she will offer her house but of course don't want to ask. The B&B place is a great idea though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards