Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

VOWS!

I realllly want to write my own vows and want my fiance to write his. but he does not want to write our own.. how can i convince him to write our own?!

Re: VOWS!

• Options
    amccarthy3amccarthy3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I came to an agreement that we would come up with a template for our vows and personalize certain parts.  That way he won't be put on the spot to come up with full vows! good luck!
  • Options
    alyssalowealyssalowe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im glad I didnt have to have this issue. Our pastor requires us to write our own vows 4 weeks before the wedding and say them to each other at our wedding counciling meeting. Then we have the choice of using them or stock ones. Now that he is confident in his writing he wants to say them in front of everyone.
  • Options
    kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in the same boat. What I did is say how about we write the vows together. That way they are special and about us but we don't have to be put on the spot to reviling them together in front of family and friends. We will be saying the same vows to each other. I wrote something I liked (because I knew I had to get something going or he would keep hating the idea). I presented what I thought was a good set of vows and told him to alter the parts he didn't care for. After seeing that I didn't want to get 100% in deapth about our love in front of everyone or say 3 pages worth of vows he was much more relaxed. He even did some editing which made me feel like we both had a part in the writing. I will re-address the vows closer to the weddings to get a finalized set. But I think this technique helped both of us get what we were looking for. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristenrmu22- I plan on doing the same thing. 
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards