September 2013 Weddings

dress shopping

I DO AGAIN!! I've been married for 3 years. Me and my husband decided to we do again. Were going to renew our vows sept 20th 2013 in a church reception and all.. we had a very difficult time in our marriage that we would now like to reaffirm our comminent to eachother. The first time we got married it was in a church but I only invited for people it was like lets hurry. Im 21 and my husband is 24.. but we love eachother and were welling to.do this all over again but the right way.. our family and friends are excited. Anyone lse nervous about dress shopping?

Re: dress shopping

• I'm nervous. I don't know that i'll find anything for my price range (won't pay over $300) but i'm having a hard time thinking about trying dresses on. I'm so worried I will walk out with no dress because I don't have the money for a nice one. We are getting married in a park on a friday afternoon, I'm not buying a $1,000 dress for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:10e0d980-49b0-43b2-a203-d5cd2f9d5813Post:99291f79-3eed-41cf-8ad5-48fe51583ec3">Re: dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm nervous. I don't know that i'll find anything for my price range (won't pay over $300) but i'm having a hard time thinking about trying dresses on. I'm so worried I will walk out with no dress because I don't have the money for a nice one. We are getting married in a park on a friday afternoon, I'm not buying a $1,000 dress for that.
    Posted by BecomingZ13[/QUOTE]

You may want to come prepared with cash in hand and see if you can find a beautiful dress on clearance or marked down.  Or if you're not opposed, buying a used wedding dress is a great way to save money.  My local Craigslist board is FULL of wedding dresses and I also plan on selling my dress afterwards.  In this economy there are many trying to make money and also those who don't want to spend a fortune either.  I bet you will find a great dress! 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • First off Oreo, congratulations. I know this will be a take two but done better. As for dress shopping, I'm a 9/7 bride and I haven't found my dress yet. I didn't do it earlier since I would've loved to have my mom there. Unfortunately, she passed away over 2 years ago. I went for the first time on Sunday. I was so nervous but once I saw myself in the dress, it all went away. I knew my mom was there and that I couldn't wait to see FI's face when I walked towards him. Good luck!!!
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:10e0d980-49b0-43b2-a203-d5cd2f9d5813Post:a78c7bd9-79c8-457b-8c3f-42f47e7ce240">Re: dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: dress shopping : You may want to come prepared with cash in hand and see if you can find a beautiful dress on clearance or marked down.  Or if you're not opposed, buying a used wedding dress is a great way to save money.  My local Craigslist board is FULL of wedding dresses and I also plan on selling my dress afterwards.  In this economy there are many trying to make money and also those who don't want to spend a fortune either.  I bet you will find a great dress! 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

You are right! I plan on being prepared incase I find a special deal! I feel like such a cheap person, but our venue only cost $50... the whole wedding will probably be under $1,000 and i don't want to be in debt over a wedding dress. I've been looking on craigslist, but so far haven't seen anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't be nervous and I agree with Goofy. Check craiglist!! I found my dress on there for $75.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try ebay and tradesy.com too. I went dress shopping and found my dream dress then searched the net till I found one pre loved for half the price!
  • Did you have any problems ordering online? I'm okay witht that, but my mom keeps urging me to buy something I can try on first! So i'm going to my dress appointment on saturday and I guess i'll go from there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards