September 2013 Weddings

Dress Shopping Rant!

Omg...if they put beautiful new perfect dresses in the magazines (and on TK), why don't the stores carry them?? I seriously just called every single store that carries Essense of Australia in the surrounding FOUR states to track down this dress...nobody has it! Agggh. My store in Detroit will be getting it in sometime in the next couple of weeks/months, but I thought I might be able to try it on before then somewhere in Chicago. The closest place that has it...MADISON. I literally might take a day off of work to drive to Madison to try this dress on because my weekends are jam packed right now.

The thought is, if I try it on and realize it's not the one, then I can go back to Michigan and order the one I really did like. And if I do like it, then I can wait until it comes into the store in Detroit and show my mom and grandma and sister. So...driving to Madison to get it seems a little insane I guess, since I could just wait until the store in Detroit gets it in.

NEED. TO. TRY. ON. DRESS.

NOW.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Shopping Rant!

• Ah, I found it in Milwaukee! Perfect because we're going to a wedding up there in a few weeks anyway, so I have an appointment for that morning. And I can bring my FMIL. Joy. (SARCASM!)

It all works out in the end...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, that is crazy! Is the dress from a very new line or something?? I feel your pain, though -- I looked for a Maggie Sottero dress for-EVER, and the closest I could find someone who carried it was about 5 hours away in southern Ohio. I didn't go, but it turns out the style didn't look very good on me anyway... I hope things work out for you and you find your dream dress! Come back and show us when you do.  ;-)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good luck getting to it!  I hope it's everything you thought it'd be and more.  (And pics please when you've decided?)  I love snooping at dress pictures.
  • Thanks ladies! It's brand spanking new - but if I'm looking at an advertisement for it, I should be able to buy it. Especially in freaking Chicago! It's Essense of Australia D1367

http://www.essensedesigns.com/dress-D1367

Sorry, I don't know how to work hyperlinks here. I'm actually pretty sure I'm going to hate it...lol. But then I'll know! I actually found one in an outer suburb and am going on Tuesday to try it on!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow. That dress is stunning!!
  • that is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey - I'm also in love with that same dress, but unfortunately on a very tight budget.  My wedding isn't for another year and a half, though, so I'm hoping to find someone who will sell me their gown after they have worn it.  If you purchase that gown, would you conider selling it after your wedding? I'm a street size 2.
    Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards