September 2013 Weddings
Options

Timing of sending out invites/getting RSVP's back

Hey ladies! I mostly am just a lurker on this board but I met with the lady who is making my invites yesterday and I have a question. When are you planning on sending out your invites/ getting back all RSVP's? I am getting married Sept 7th and told her I wanted my RSVP's back by August 1st and she looked at me like I was crazy and that is way too early! So I am just wondering what your timeframe of sending invites is! Thank you!!

Re: Timing of sending out invites/getting RSVP's back

• Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Our wedding is 9/28 and I am requesting RSVPs back 9/1, so that is almost a month as well -- I don't think your timeframe is crazy! Just tell the invite lady your venue needs the final number by that date.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It may not be etiquettely correct but we are sending our invites out the beginning of July. I was planning on giving them about 3 weeks to respond. Since 95% of the guest list is OOT they should know if they are coming or not by then. Our hotel block closes at the end of July and want to make sure everyone has a room if needed.

FI wanted to send invites out at the beginning of Feb and I finally won and convinced him to send STDs instead. He doesn't care about etiquette and said we can do what we want. We went through many heated arguments about it.
    ***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding is September 28th.  CURRENTLY I have August 15th on our RSVP cards but I am seriously rethinking tweaking them and reordering them through Vistaprint.  #1 Being its' too early.  #2 being that I like the wording of "We have reserved ____ seats for you" or other variation.  I really need to make it clear that only children for immediate family are invited as our venue only holds 130 and we're very tight. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our wedding is September 1st.  I haven't decided for sure, but I was thinking to send them last week in June and request RSVP by August 1st.  It is exactly a month which may be too much but I have a lot of Latinos coming and honestly our culture is HORRIBLE about RSVPs so I know I need time to reach out to people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_timing-of-sending-out-invitesgetting-rsvps-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2420ac61-b566-4392-b968-00887106b128Post:951ada6c-c890-4486-b737-d4f01b093509">Re: Timing of sending out invites/getting RSVP's back</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is September 28th.  CURRENTLY I have August 15th on our RSVP cards but I am seriously rethinking tweaking them and reordering them through Vistaprint.  #1 Being its' too early.  #2 being that I like the wording of " <strong>We have reserved ____ seats for you" or other variation</strong>.  I really need to make it clear that only children for immediate family are invited as our venue only holds 130 and we're very tight. 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea!! especially because we are having NO children but I don't think a lot of our guests know that yet or they think they are the exeption..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_timing-of-sending-out-invitesgetting-rsvps-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2420ac61-b566-4392-b968-00887106b128Post:9e7c6ec6-6157-45fb-bce8-5e440ae416f2">Re: Timing of sending out invites/getting RSVP's back</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is September 1st.  I haven't decided for sure, but I was thinking to send them last week in June and request RSVP by August 1st.  It is exactly a month which may be too much but I have a lot of Latinos coming and honestly our culture is HORRIBLE about RSVPs so I know I need time to reach out to people.
    Posted by fperez7542[/QUOTE]

Completely understand this! Mine are a bunch of Greeks so they are the exact same way I will be calling most of them ;-)
  • Options
    Wedding 9/21 for me.  Our final headcount is due 9/6.  We're going to do August 31st for our RSVP date (the same day the hotel block closes).  We'll have a week to make phone calls and we'll give our guests plenty of time to get back to us!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_timing-of-sending-out-invitesgetting-rsvps-back?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:2420ac61-b566-4392-b968-00887106b128Post:9e7c6ec6-6157-45fb-bce8-5e440ae416f2">Re: Timing of sending out invites/getting RSVP's back</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is September 1st.  I haven't decided for sure, but I was thinking to send them last week in June and request RSVP by August 1st.  It is exactly a month which may be too much but I have a lot of Latinos coming and <strong>honestly our culture is HORRIBLE about RSVPs </strong>so I know I need time to reach out to people.
    Posted by fperez7542[/QUOTE]

Ha, got this too!!!

Wedding is 9/28, RVSPs requested by 8/31.  I know I will need every one of those days to get in touch with people who haven't responded!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! You all made me feel much better about my time frame! :-)
  • Options
    I had thought I needed a count much sooner than I do... I am not sure when I am sending but I want responses back by 9/9 for a 9/28 wedding. The date is after when the hotel block closes so hopefully they follow directions and go to our site and see that. Hotel block closes August 27 I originally had 9/1 as response date but realized it is a Sunday and holiday weekend. and after when there will be no mail on Saturdays starts this summer Figure it still gives me time to call people before I have to have my drop dead number for the hotel venue
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are also Sept 7th, and we are asking for RSVP by Aug 3rd, which is 5 weeks out. This will give guests time for their hotel block, plus- we opted out of save the dates so we wanted to send them out a little earlier.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm requesting responses by 9/7 for a 9/28 wedding. But now I'm thinking I should have asked for them back sooner! It's also after the hotel block closes but I'm putting all that information on a card going out with the invitations. So hopefully everyone figures it out. 

I was planning on sending them out at the end of July, but maybe I'll send them sooner to give everyone more time to book their rooms if they need to. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards