September 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

For those of us that are obsessed, wedding shows are often a part of the wedding planning process that we just can't resist. I can't even count how many are out there right now (and I'm sure as hell not sharing how many I watch on a regular basis).

Do you watch any wedding shows? Which ones are your favorite and why? If given the chance, would you ever volunteer to be featured on one of these shows?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Hmm... I do watch Say Yes to the Dress. Not religously or anything, just when I'm home alone and there's nothing else on.

I've also been watching Brides of Beverly Hills. Its ridiculous but my cousin is supposed to be on it so I'm waiting for her episode.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Four weddings ins my favorite and yes I would love to be on that show!
  • I love SYTTD and Four Weddings.  It's funny but I don't really draw "inspiration" from them, but instead just love the excitement because I can relate to some of the women on them.

Before I got engaged I hated those shows because I didn't understand how someone could care so much about one day.  I still think it's just one day and the marriage is more important, but I understand how exciting it all is.

I would never be on one of them.  I don't like being the center of attention.
  • I do watch both SYTTD and Four Weddings. I am not addicted to either though. I think it is good to see the weddings from a guest's point of view on Four Weddings- gives me ideas of what NOT to do sometimes, Ha!

I don't think I would want to be on either show- too much pressure!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:24f2cb40-cc3e-4d18-abfd-fadcc6236adfPost:1ad9a5a8-2984-4362-ab52-27c39785acde">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do watch both SYTTD and Four Weddings. I am not addicted to either though. <strong>I think it is good to see the weddings from a guest's point of view on Four Weddings- gives me ideas of what NOT to do sometimes, Ha!</strong> I don't think I would want to be on either show- too much pressure!
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]

This is why I like Four Weddings as well!  I also watch SYTTD.  The rest of them hold no appeal for me though.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • I really love SYTD but I have not liked Atlanta!  After seeing the 17 year old girl on there it kinda turned me off...I love Monte and Lori but I kinda dislike the girls and the families...I know that isn't very nice to say but they never seem to be happy!

4 weddings bugs me as well because they like tear eachothers weddings apart for the DUMMEST reasons...I know it is a competition but geez!  Saying "having to fan myself in the outddoor ceremony really turned me off and runing my night" is insane.

I do find myself critiquing little things though when I watch lol...oops!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Any David Tutera fans out there? I have really been loving the "unveiled" episodes because David is so sassy. Although it is unfortunate that some really awful girls get these ridiculous weddings (for FREE) and can't even be a little grateful. 
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I watch SYTTD and bridesmaids, My fair wedding although I liked the original shows not the ugliness the show now. My FMIL and I watch Four Weddings and discuss what we saw. I would volunteer for my fair wedding just to get some of what my limited budget doesn't allow to have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with everyone else, Say Yes to the Dress has always been a guilty pleasure.  I don't actually have cable so I don't get to watch it as often as I like.

Four Weddings scares me, how catty all the other brides are.  The last thing I would want to think about on my wedding day is what three complete strangers think about my food, decorations, dress, etc...
  • I don't DVR episodes of wedding shows or anything, but I've MOST DEFINITELY found myself watching Four Weddings, My Fair Wedding, Say Yes to the Dress (any addition) and even Bridezillas.  However, my favorite has been the Say Yes To the Dress episodes featuring bigger women like myself.  So see their faces light up when they find that dress that makes them feel more beautiful than they've ever felt before always makes me tear up. 

When I picked up my dress I was told on the downlow that there may be a wedding show focusing on bigger brides in the Cincinnati area in the future.  My bridal salon was contacted to be filmed there.  I think it's reallyyyyyy exciting.  :-)  But shhhhh, don't tell anyone!  ;-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We dont actually have TV here so I havent really seen much of anything. Saw a couple of episodes of Say Yes To The Dress when I visited my sister and I was amazed at how much money some of those women are willing to spend on a dress... It was kind of interesting though :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:24f2cb40-cc3e-4d18-abfd-fadcc6236adfPost:c5d6b89c-440d-453d-828e-e9bd36e431a0">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]We dont actually have TV here so I havent really seen much of anything. Saw a couple of episodes of Say Yes To The Dress when I visited my sister and <strong>I was amazed at how much money some of those women are willing to spend on a dress</strong>... It was kind of interesting though :)
    Posted by siriko[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my gosh, I KNOW. I always think of the episode with the girl that worked at Kleinfeld's... Her budget was $10k and she ended up with, like, a $25,000 dress?!? How much do those girls MAKE?!</div>
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I could sit and watch SYTTD all day. It does shock me how much some of the girls spend on their dresses. I do like SYTTD Bridesmaids too,and I love seeing how catty and opinionated the bridesmaids get!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:24f2cb40-cc3e-4d18-abfd-fadcc6236adfPost:bdd984c5-8c07-4ae6-8728-3a8924747263">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Wednesday : Oh my gosh, I KNOW. I always think of the episode with the girl that worked at Kleinfeld's... Her budget was $10k and she ended up with, like, a $25,000 dress?!? How much do those girls MAKE?!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really don't get that either! Or what's with the girls that buy two $10k dresses, one for ceremony or one for the reception? It is absurd!

I saw some wedding show on TLC, I don't remember what it was called, but it followed the girl as she planned her wedding.  Her mom was paying and LITERALLY sparing no expense.  Anytime her FI tried to interject, he was just told to be quiet.  He picked out these toasting glasses that they had flown specially to ITALY to pick out, and her mom didn't like them, so they didn't use them.   I think the whole wedding was $100K-200K.  It was ridiculous.  Her dress alone was $35K! But still, fun to watch :)
  • I love watching all the shows you all listed but I really dislike Bridezillas. 4 Weddings is my favorite and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding! Haha its all so amazingly tacky... I saw a girl with a dress that lit up with Christmas lights for their first dance. Lol
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a wedding show addict!!! My faves are Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings!! I steal ideas from Four Weddings and write them down. I don't think I would go on that show though some weddings on there are over the top. I think it's kinda unfair they out a bride with a 5,000 budget against a 20,000 budget I think they should be within the same range. My sister is dying for us to be on SYTTD. She's going with me to Kleinfeld next month and she's been bugging me to fill out the app to be on the show but it's so long and I just don't feel like doing it but today she said she'll do it herself...umm you're not looking for a dress she just wants to be on TV.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards