September 2013 Weddings

Music

Anyone thought anything about this yet ? If so what is on your list ? This is going to be hard for me as I love music and could go on and on about songs I want at my wedding/reception.
~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
This is my inspiration
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The actual one I made
Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Music

• deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    We've started. We have a list that we add songs to as we hear them that we want played at the reception.

So far the songs we're committed to are:

Processional: I See the Light from Tangled. It was the last duet we sang together with a community choir we were a part of and it gives me chills whenever I hear it. Still trying to decide if I need a separate song for the WP or not. I'm horrible at judging timing.

Recessional: We wanted something fun and upbeat and not usually chosen (although I don't think we really have to worry about that with our music choices at all lol). We're going to use "Tapestry of Nations" ((clicky)).

First Dance: For All Time by Michael Jackson ((clicky)) 

Father-Daughter Dance - My Wish by Rascal Flatts. It was my dad's request.

Last song: Promise ((clicky)). FI and broke up for a little while after college and we "officially" got back together while sitting at Epcot listening to this, which gives it extra special meaning. And the lyrics are just a perfect finale to the evening, IMO.

Other than that nothing is really set in stone. I'm still looking for a song for the parents and grandparents. And I wanted to work in the song Amor De Mi Alma into the ceremony, but I think it's just way too long and it can't really be cut at all.

Haha, this became a novel. Oops!
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2012
    We're having a traditional Catholic Ceremony so ceremony music will be pretty basic. Although my very good friends whos a glorious singer will be singing so thats how we'll stand apart.

For the reception:
    Wedding Party Grand Entrace will be a David Guetta Song of some sort.
    Our Grand Entrace will be "Sexy Chick" by David Guetta

(Fi's opening line when we first met was "do you like this song" it was a David Guetta song. Then 3 Years later, he proposed at a music festival while we were watching Guetta, so its kind of our thing)

First Dance - Good to You by Mariana's Trench ft. Kate Voegel
    This was the song that played on my phone's alarm clock when we first started dating so every morning we woke up to this song. It made its way into our hearts as "our song"

Father Daughter/ Mother Son Dance - You rise me up  - Josh Groban

Party Kick off Song will likely be - I've got a feeling BEP Guetta Remix
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is a tough one that I will probably give over to Fi 100%.  

The only song that I want is Brian Adams Everything I do.  I want one of FI's friends to sing it as I walk down the aisle or sing it for our first dance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards