September 2013 Weddings

Fitness Friday

Yay, our first Fitness Friday! What have you been doing this week to work on those hot bods?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fitness Friday

• Well Since last friday I've done Body Pump (60 min weightlifting class) twice, Zumba, and one spinning class.

I was surprised when I found out I was squating as much weight as FI with no ill affect when he couldn't walk for 4 days afterwards and I was fine. I think someone *ahem* needs to start hitting the gym a little more as well. haha

I also signed up for a 10k race in May this week so I need to start working that into my training schedule. It's suppose to be nice here tomorrow so I might go for a run.

~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lots of healthy meals and daily excersing! its tough because i have a fulltime job then school so I try to fit it at least an hour of exercise every morning. The websites you girls posted for healthy meals helpes a lot. love it!!

btw...i ordered my dress 2 sizes too small so it would motivate me lol!! so far so good.... lets keep it up ladies!
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have been doing 5 miles on the ellipitical everyday and an hour cardio-core class 3 days a week. Eating healthier and drinking lots of water throughout the day down 12 lbs down and feelings awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Great job ladies! I really think that by us doing this post each week, it will motivate me! So far I have gone to the gym and done cardio/arms/abs on Monday, Wed, and Thurs. I also plan to go Sat morning. Didnt get there as much as I liked this week- but every little bit helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • Well my church hosts a free ladies fitness program on Mondays so I did that this week!  I have been trying to drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day.  And I have been eating healthier but I really need to work on working out more!
  • FI and I are doing some prep before beginning P90X together, so I am doing Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 dvd as well as Zumba and other cardio classes. My weight loss journey has been a work-in-progress for the last several years. In 2007, I finally stopped stepping on the scale when it read 220 pounds. Fast forward to today. I weigh 130 and feel fantastic. Hard work pays off, and it's really fantastic to see you all on here supporting each other in your goals! 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • I've really started watching what I eat this week!

Workouts start next week...I've been so sick since Christmas but I'm finally feeling better!

My cousin is bringing over her P90x and we are starting that.  YIKES!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! Everyone has definitely motivated me!  Hope I can do more exercise next week!  I have been attempting to make healthier eating choices this week. And I went to Zumba on Tuesday.  I have a workout scedule planned out for the rest of the month, so I hope I stick to it!  And, I've decided to spend more time walking my dog each day. I can easily get in a 30 minute walk in the morning and 20 minute walk at lunch, so that will be good for both of us! 
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I too have been really sick, so I don't have much to contribute. But, I have been eating much more healthily and not going out to eat at all, which is also helping the savings account!

I have some hip hop abs DVDs I want to start soon. My tummy flab is the main problem area so I plan to focus on that. FI is going to restart the Insanity workout, and they seem to be very similar to the bootcamp class I used to take, so I plan on doing that with him, to some extent (like, until I feel like I am going to die). 

Also will probably do another juice cleanse pretty soon. They really do wonders for my body.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I have been waking up early - I've restarted the Brazil Butt Lift and he takes his dog and goes for a jog before disappearing into the garage to use the elliptical.  I plan to do maybe 30 days of BBL to get back into the workout habit before launching into either P90X or Insanity (we have both).

I've been watching my intake for a while and was pleasantly surprised when I tried to cinch my belt this morning and found that the last hole was a full 1.5" from where I needed it to be.  Good - I've lost weight! Bad - I'm dealing with Saggy A$$ Syndrome all day lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Week #2 and already I'm slacking.  I did nothing.  Not OK.

Well, actually I looked up a few recipes and ate two healthy meals (better than none).  I guess that's progress.
  • Further to my first post... all this talk has motivated me to get my training schedule going.

I did a 10k training schedule from now till May when that race is, then I added to it for the Half Marathon I plan to run a week before the wedding.

People think I'm nuts to want to run a half right before ( like 6 days before) but why not? Its the perfect get fit plan!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Cause of my bike fall I didnt get as much done as I wanted. Rode my bike to and from work monday and tuesday which is 50 minutes of medium instensity exericse. Then I didnt do any exercise until today, but I got a good work out done today so that's good at least :)
    As for eating healthy it hasn't been happening cause its been "that time of month" this week which means that I crave all kinds of junk! I did eat salad for lunch 3 out of 5 days though so that's not too bad I guess ;)
    My main goal is to keep the weight I am at now and just tone my body a bit. I lost all the weight I wanted to loose so now I just wanna get in shape.
  • elliptical, 10 minute trainer, and P90X! I have to mix it up or else i get bored. hopefully i start to lose some pounds!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fitness-friday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:3783ac70-e2d2-4474-a896-69f697068098Post:19f0100a-0eed-43d5-a67b-72c5671d0b0a">Re: Fitness Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well Since last friday I've done Body Pump (60 min weightlifting class) twice, Zumba, and one spinning class. I was surprised when I found out I was squating as much weight as FI with no ill affect when he couldn't walk for 4 days afterwards and I was fine. I think someone *ahem* needs to start hitting the gym a little more as well. haha I also signed up for a 10k race in May this week so I need to start working that into my training schedule. It's suppose to be nice here tomorrow so I might go for a run.
    Posted by ftrmrsw[/QUOTE]

Do you go to Goodlife? I love Body Pump!

I skiied all day Sunday, then did two days of elliptical/weightlifting and did Body Flow yesterday, which is yoga/pilates/tai chi.  I was going to get up and go again this morning, but my abs were soo sore from yesterday.  I think I might go this evening!  FI and I are also looking at buying an elliptical for our basement, but I don't want to give up my gym pass because you can't beat the classes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards