September 2013 Weddings
Options

RANT! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deep breath in....deep breath out.

My cousin who got engaged 6 days after me (for the second time to the same guy after 11 years of dating) and then snuck her wedding in a month before mine just went dress shopping and low and behold...picked two dresses that are so similar to me that it makes me want to cry. hard.

You can't fully tell here because theknot sucks and pictures are TINY, but it a dropped waist, sweetheart neckline, buttons down the back and a tulle bottom.  I know the bottoms are diferent but the part that really gets me is the bodice.   Mine has cascading lace into the tulle and so is hers. 

Me in my dress:

http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/casablanca-bridal/2066

Her top choice:

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RANT! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    If it's any consolation, you look AMAZING in your dress and I like yours much better.  Despite that fact, they are clearly very similiar and I would be irate too. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wow...that...really...sucks.  I mean I know they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but I know you're like why can't she go imitate someone else!  I agree with Goofy.  Yours is a much better overall design.  Also perhaps it's your height or the designer did a better cut on yours or something but you fill yours out better than she does.  You can always add a sash or something if you want it to stand out even more.  But just let it all be a good reminder not to share any other info with her since she's such an admirer of yours.
  • Options
    It is similar, but these are definitely two different dresses. Yours looks a lot more...finished. Nicer. Hoestly more expensive! And as PPs have said, you look wayyyy better in it. Zip the lips regarding any additional wedding planning and hopefully nothing else like this will happen...
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies...that makes me feel a lot better :)

I just don't get it.  I purposely went out of my way to show her the dress so she WOULDN'T get the same dang thing.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.  I need a glass of wine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_rant-argh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:3e3855b9-b50b-468b-a84f-4a5606bb8429Post:102c325c-6386-4c53-85a2-2bd96aa0d04d">Re: RANT! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it's any consolation, you look AMAZING in your dress and I like yours much better.  Despite that fact, they are clearly very similiar and I would be irate too. 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry this happened to you, but your dress does look better.  Your cousin can go kick rocks :).  Keep it all close to the vest from now on!</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    APDSS22APDSS22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2012
    I agree with the others, you definitely look better in yours.  Though I'd be a little ticked off in this situation as well.  I'd keep all future details away from this one.

Edit: Also, does it look to anyone else like the copycat has an arrow emphasizing her crotch?
  • Options
    Thank you guys!  Honestly....I feel SOOOOOOO much better.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_rant-argh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:3e3855b9-b50b-468b-a84f-4a5606bb8429Post:8a88651b-1686-4ecc-a53a-3273fe38803c">Re: RANT! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the others, you definitely look better in yours.  Though I'd be a little ticked off in this situation as well.  I'd keep all future details away from this one. <strong>Edit: Also, does it look to anyone else like the copycat has an arrow emphasizing her crotch?</strong>
    Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]

LOL! omg you are so right

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards