September 2013 Weddings

Monday

Ugh, it's so early!

I'm in a funk. Last night I got really depressed over a few things -- I think I'm just ready for winter to be over and spring/summer to get here, and then the wedding!

Not a whole lot going on this week, but I'm really going to make an effort to work out in the hopes that it improves my mood some.

What does everyone else have going on this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday

• My weekend was actually sort of nice.  Saturday we went to see Oz, which I loved.  Yesterday we went to my grandfather's memorial mass and to a family get together afterwards.  It was nice to see my family and hang out with them.  None of us really celebrate St. Patrick's Day because my grandfather died on St. Patrick's Day, so it was nice to be around people who understood why that day isn't really a big thing anymore.

FI and I also got a new TV.  We bought one last weekend, but FI talked me into returning it for a bigger one.  Then we spent more of the weekend watching it.  I'm not a big TV person, so even I enjoy it.

This week I'm finishing mailing the Save the Dates.  I've handed out a bunch of them (less postage!) and I'm going to try to get the rest out this week.  There aren't as many, so I'm not really worried about it anymore.  It's a much less daunting task.

Tasting next Monday!  And meeting the florist!  And ordering invitations!  Yay!
  • Mpickl- I was the same way last night! I just got super down in the dumps, and I think you are right- I think the weather is taking its toll.
    I have been traveling so much lately (7 weekends in a row!) and this is my first weekend in so long with 0 company and 0 plans. I cannot wait! FI will be out of town for work for one  night and gets home late Friday. I'm looking forward to doing some cleaning and organizing that night. After this weekend, we have tons of plans that involve traveling again... So I better organize while I can!
  • I am looking forward to, I don't know, a month from now? I got an e-mail from my boss this morning asking if it was possible to have an audit done, that was originally due at the end of April, this Friday. I will be coming in early, staying late and skipping lunch this week. Yippie...

My dad's birthday is Saturday so we will be headed to Cocoa to celebrate with him and maybe pick a place for the rehearsal. I am also going with 2 of my girls to look for dresses Sat morning and FI is going to see if he can make an appt to book our cake while we are in Cocoa. I am ready for more checks and to get things off my mind.

We are going to Men's Warehouse tonight to place the order for the guy's suits. FI knows I am starting to stress because all of the little things that can get don't aren't, so he is trying to be helpful. 

I got to spend time with my BFF and his little sister/my "adopted" little sister this weekend. We talked about her being a BM so I could clarify if she wanted out or was trying to be nice and take herself out. She wants to and is staying in and if she can't make it to the wedding because of school then so be it. That took a lot of weight off of me. Also, my BFF after screwing with me for a few hours told me that he would definately be coming to the wedding.

***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good afternoon :)

Today I'm hoping to get my dress, which is exciting. SS's are going w/ me to "help" which is sooo freakin' cute <3.

Last night got all the wording finalized for our invitations and ordered those since we could get a discount. For some reason the invites make it all more real! LOL

Happy to be back on track with planning and making progress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Going to be talking with a potenial DJ tonight... Having FI do it although I'm sure I will take over cause he will prob ask me all the questions and check with me on everything. He is a family memeber of my neighbor and had already done a party at there house last summer so hopefully it will be discounted. I honestly have like $900 left in my budget for big purchases so I am really hoping we will be able to get someone good for less then that. My $3000 budget went out the windwo which I figured it would, so now we are doing 4-5000. I will NOT go over 5000! Other then that work till 6:30 then prob packing a bit... Still haven't done any of that yet!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I hired a photographer today. On Friday I'm going to the city to look at a dress. I really liked it on the website so I'll go and try it on and hope it looks just as good in real life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards