September 2013 Weddings

Would this be tacky? PIPs

I didn't do STDs because well...I don't really know why lol.  But now we have all of these pending engagment pics and I kinda want to send them!  I am also sending Christmas Cards this year since itis our first year with our little rooster, Dexter.

I was thinking of doing something like this and then adding just a text box that says
09.21.13  somewhere on there.  Or like "Happy Holidays from the soon to be FI's last name(9.21.13) Would that be weird?

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Would this be tacky? PIPs

• GoofyAssChickGoofyAssChick member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I actually like the idea. 

If you're into something campy, you could be creative and do the family style Christmas cards on one side.  And if it's postcard style cards you could have a picture of Dexter on the postcard side and then put wording  to the effect, "Don't forget to save the date! Mommy & Daddy are getting married 9.21.13!" 

I know it's completely campy and corny... but that's me.  We would totally do somethign like that.  In fact, I may have to steal it.  ;-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think I like adding just the date to the card... Then it's more like an engagement announcement, and you can send it to more people than just who will be invited to the wedding!

My FI tells our dog all the time "You're not going to be a bastard any more!" ... Too crass for holiday cards? LOL!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_would-this-be-tacky-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:425e43ea-1b4c-4ea9-b95e-9152af3344e0Post:8d38bad4-30da-4caf-bb3e-fd0df0ea262d">Re: Would this be tacky? PIPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I like adding just the date to the card... Then it's more like an engagement announcement, and you can send it to more people than just who will be invited to the wedding! My FI tells our dog all the time "You're not going to be a bastard any more!" ... Too crass for holiday cards? LOL!
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

That's even better.  An annoucement style would work nicely! 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you ask over on the E board or other boards on here, they will tell you that this is a dumb idea. However, i think it is adorable. I even saw a save the date that was super cute that said "have a MARRIED Christmas" and it was kinda a mix between an xmas card and a STD"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_would-this-be-tacky-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:425e43ea-1b4c-4ea9-b95e-9152af3344e0Post:3358a3e7-0401-449a-8dc6-878e8b51619f">Re: Would this be tacky? PIPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you ask over on the E board or other boards on here, they will tell you that this is a dumb idea. However, i think it is adorable. I even saw a save the date that was super cute that said "have a MARRIED Christmas" and it was kinda a mix between an xmas card and a STD"
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]

Aw I LOVE THAT!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also found this one that says "merry xmas from the "future" mr and mrs lastname"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MayboneMaybone member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    IMO, I would say that you should only send ones with the date or a mix Christmas/STD to only people you will be inviting to the wedding. Even if you are meaning them to be just a greeting or announcment, it may be confused as a STD, which means you would, ettiquite wise, have to send invites to everyone who recieves a card.

If you are sending them to people who aren't invited, I would have a different set that do not mention anything related to the wedding date or marriage. You can still use engagement photos, because who doesn't want to share beautiful pictures of their family. You can send an announcement style one out NEXT Christmas, after the big day is over.

I really do like the idea of combining both into one, it'll save postage and printing costs, and the time frame works out well for a STD.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_would-this-be-tacky-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:425e43ea-1b4c-4ea9-b95e-9152af3344e0Post:d204ab6d-6fa8-4080-89fd-d0c9fda9a213">Re: Would this be tacky? PIPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO, I would say that you should only send ones with the date or a mix Christmas/STD to only people you will be inviting to the wedding. Even if you are meaning them to be just a greeting or announcment, it may be confused as a STD, which means you would, ettiquite wise, have to send invites to everyone who recieves a card. If you are sending them to people who aren't invited, I would have a different set that do not mention anything related to the wedding date or marriage. You can still use engagement photos, because who doesn't want to share beautiful pictures of their family. You can send an announcement style one out NEXT Christmas, after the big day is over. I really do like the idea of combining both into one, it'll save postage and printing costs, and the time frame works out well for a STD.
    Posted by Maybone[/QUOTE]

They'd for sure be just to people invited!  I checked last night and my annual Christmas Card list isn't huge by any means and all who would be invited (well...besides my doctors office, haha!) would be invited to the wedding!

• I think it is a cute idea!  Who cares what people think...no matter what you do someone is always going to have something to say about it.  If you and FI like it go for it! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards