September 2013 Weddings

wedding Gowns

how much is everyone spending on their gown also when is a good time to start looking

Re: wedding Gowns

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    My dress is on order -- I bought it about a month ago for my 9/28/13 wedding. I spent $750 (before taxes) and expect to pay around $200 in alterations. I didn't want to spend more than $1000 total, which I accomplished. I bought a Maggie Sottero from a local shop.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I purchased my gown in January on a whim for my 9/21/13 wedding.  I spend around $650 for my dress and veil together. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought my dress in February. Total was $685 (including tax). Alterations will be $225. 
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-gowns?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4269a653-3528-4b3b-a916-85bfa2c56afePost:ddeb884d-d2e7-4ed6-86cd-62e78321ec42">Re: wedding Gowns</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dress is on order -- I bought it about a month ago for my 9/28/13 wedding. I spent $750 (before taxes) and expect to pay around $200 in alterations. I didn't want to spend more than $1000 total, which I accomplished. I bought a Maggie Sottero from a local shop.
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

<div>What a steal!!!  </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got mine for $2000.  It's a Alfred Angelo Piccone.  Alterations should be around $200.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-gowns?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4269a653-3528-4b3b-a916-85bfa2c56afePost:23c3e142-4ada-43aa-8084-acd0604342e2">wedding Gowns</a>:
    [QUOTE]how much is everyone spending on their gown also when is a good time to start looking
    Posted by Angela1229[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh and I forgot, started looking last month.</div>
  • i  placed a dress online 3 weeks ago  ,  this was the link   http://www.kissdresses.com/taffeta-fabric-sweetheart-neckline-with-a-line-silhouette-wedding-dress-3.html 
    it cost me less than $200 ,although it was very cheap ,i like  it very much , pretty look and feel ,high quality ,what's more , my dress was custom , they made it completely according to my requirement ,   i think will purchase dresses from it again.

• I found mine online (this time around I am wearing a short dress)  for $175.   I normaly dont need alterations on dresses so I hope that is all I will have to spend! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I ordered my dress online two weeks ago and paid less than $250 and that includes customizing, an extra crinoline and two bags.

I'm still waiting for it but they sent me pictures two days ago and I asked for some adjustments.

If you are on a budget and feel risky, you can try those china knock-offs websites. Since the wedding is only in over a year. I thought I'd take the risk. The dress looks about 85% of what it is shown on the original picture, so I'm satisfied. I'll really know if I'm happy once I receive it but since I've seen pictures I know I won't be disappointed.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hoping not to spend over $700. I'm going to go try on dresses for the first time this Friday! (I had a baby in May and am finally back to a size where I feel comfortable trying them on)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bought my dress last night.  I spent around $1400 for the dress and veil (plus a headband and belt).  Alterations should be about $200.
  • I've definitely looked here and there (a lot online) but I haven't gotten my dress yet. I wans't planning on actually breaking out my checkbook until fall/winter! I feel so far behind now!
  • I'm going next Saturday!! Looking to spend $1500-$2000 with taxes and alterations and accessories. So excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't started yet!! is that bad??? I thought you're supposed to look 10-12 months out...?
  • I started shopping with my mom and sister (MOH) last summer right after I got engaged but just to try on and see what looked good.  We live in different states so I wanted some face-to-face bonding time looking at dresses or we probably wouldn't have even started looking that early.  I was talking to a friend of mine who is married while we were getting pedicures this spring and we decided to go look at gowns for fun.  I ended up finding my dream dress on the discount rack for $350 (about $400 after tax plus garment bag) so of course I had to buy it.  It's good to have something concrete to check off the list.
  • mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-gowns?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:4269a653-3528-4b3b-a916-85bfa2c56afePost:da2036c0-5824-40c9-b512-f748f8573436">Re: wedding Gowns</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't started yet!! is that bad??? I thought you're supposed to look 10-12 months out...?
    Posted by jpines22[/QUOTE]

It all depends on what you are looking for/want to do with your dress. Most shops I visited told me 6-8 months to get a dress in. I knew I would likely need alterations, so I wanted the extra time. When I finally ordered my dress, she told me it would be in in 3 months, but you never know -- I've heard some horror stories of dresses taking way longer than they should have. I personally couldn't wait to find my dress; I think I was shopping the weekend after we got engageed!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is $1300 before tax but the size 4 fit me like a glove so I probably won't need alterations.

I'm putting the order in for mine at the end of August for my 9/21/13 wedding

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2012
    I am starting to try dresses on with my MOH but my mom is currently in Afghanistan and I cannot imagaine buying anything without her here! She will be on leave in October so I am hoping to purchase then. Every store I've talked to said that will be plenty In Response to [QUOTE]I've definitely looked here and there (a lot online) but I haven't gotten my dress yet. I wans't planning on actually breaking out my checkbook until fall/winter! I feel so far behind now!
    Posted by DanieKA[/QUOTE]
  • Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have been looking and found 3 that I like.  I hope to stay under 1400!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    I'm hoping to stay under 1000 for everything. I'm scared to buy now because I haven't hit my buy weight goal
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going "real" dress shopping in September - I went for fun with my mom right after I got engaged, pretty much just to figure out what I liked.  Mom has graciously offered to buy the dress and her budget is $1000; I'd be willing to kick in any extra if I see a dress I like that costs more, but I fully believe I can stay under.

I'll definitely be ordering in September!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Made another visit to do some dress shopping. I saw some online, so I went to try them on and see how they looked. I grabbed another that looked cute, but wasn't planning on trying on. When I was done with the first 2, the saleswoman said "are you ready to try on the high low dress?" I had no idea that was the dress I just grabbed b/c it looked cute in the bag. I got extremely excited because I had seen it online, just didn't think it was for me. I LOVE this dress. It's so fun, different, and so me. I found on oncewed.com for $450!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards