September 2013 Weddings
Options

Bridal hangers - PIP (heavy)

I finally completed my first DIY!

It was very easy, went very smoothly (thanks to my sister/MOH), and were much cheaper than buying from etsy.

We used 16g wire (OOK 200 ft galvanized steel) bought from home depot for about $6.50. A 5 pack dark wooden hangers (without the rung-thingy) bought from bed bath and beyond for $5.99 (I used a 5 off $15 coupon).

Using lilafrances as an example, my MOH freehanded our templates modifying letters to suit our taste and inventing characters that were not available as examples.

MOH bent the wire with needle nose pliers (we did not wrap the tips as we didn't think it was noticeable). I bent the wire with my hands/pliers (my hands hurt afterwards, but it's easier for me to use my hands... MOH is a art major and had a class on wire sculptures). My hangers turned out great (what's more you can't tell which were done by my MOH and which were done by me). FSIL's husband drilled holes using the smallest drill bit at a 90 degree angle. We bent wires at a 90 degree angle and glue them in place with wood glue (I heard craft glue works as well). Total time: 2-3 hours

We made 10 wire parts in total... but I only made 9 hangers... (I decided I didn't want to make my mrs. XXX into a hanger, because I'm not a mrs. until I'm married... but I really liked how it turned out... so I might turn it into a hanger and use it after the wedding). 

The nice thing about making it yourself, is that I could make extras (I made one with my first name and one with my date... not sure which I'll use on my wedding day... right now I'm leaning towards my date, as it was much harder to make). 

Pictures posted are the hangers I made (I also made a MOM hanger... but I didn't take a picture of that).

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridal hangers - PIP (heavy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards