September 2013 Weddings
Options

Save the Dates

If you are doing Save the Dates, when are you planning on sending them out?

Everything I read is pretty standard 6 months before the wedding. I thought I'd be proactive and get the jump on other events and do them 8 months before. Last week my FI and I got a Save the Date for a May 18 2013 wedding. I said "crap we better get moving"! Wink

My FI said we should send them out as we have the date and place so there is no reason to wait.

We are getting married September 14, 2013 so I am thinking I'll send them the last week of September just so there is no confusion with people thinking that the wedding is this year. Does one year in advance seem too pushy? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Dates

• Options
    I think it should be fine! I'm an 9/28/13 wedding and will probably do it in Sept/Oct this year too, once we get the engagement photos done. 
  • Options
    I will be sending out my save the dates in January. I figure it is after the new year so no one can accidently confuse what year the wedding is but it is still early enough our guests can begin to oranize and plan (especially our long distance relatives)! And as a bonus it will coordinate nicely with our other wedding plans!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_save-the-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:63af4f64-7e6f-48d0-9e62-9c744dd8b460Post:d44fa382-d5aa-4533-943e-6cddf1c3b588">Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are doing Save the Dates, when are you planning on sending them out? Everything I read is pretty standard 6 months before the wedding. I thought I'd be proactive and get the jump on other events and do them 8 months before. Last week my FI and I got a Save the Date for a May 18 2013 wedding. I said "crap we better get moving"! My FI said we should send them out as we have the date and place so there is no reason to wait. We are getting married September 14, 2013 so I am thinking I'll send them the last week of September just so there is no confusion with people thinking that the wedding is this year. Does one year in advance seem too pushy? 
    Posted by HHF0913[/QUOTE]

I am planning on OCT 2012 to send them out for a Sept 2013 wedding... most of my guests will be from out of town - so I need to give them plenty of advance warning --
    I have seen people say 6-9 months out is plenty of time - but I would rather be a little safer than sorry

~Diana
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am also getting married on September 14, 2013 and we are planning on sending ours out in September 2012 just to give all of our out of town guests time to plan and make arrangements and it is also a very common time for other weddings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Wow, we will definitely not be ready to send out our save the dates by this September! We're using photos from our engagement session and that's not happening until the Fall. Hope January is enough notice for my guests! You ladies are on top of things. :)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Our date is 9-28-13, and we will probably send ours out towards the end of January.  Our plan, though, is to send out email save the dates to the majority of people (not sending them to everyone).  Not that many people do Save the Dates around here.  I like the idea, but don't want to spend tons of money on them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am sending mine out a year from my wedding date only because it is a destination wedding (Hawaii). Then I'm sending invitations out 6 or 3 months before the wedding.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options
    I will be sending mine out probably mid January.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards