September 2013 Weddings
Options

TGIF!!!!

And there's only one more week of February...  Where did the month go?

Any fun plans for the weekend?  Any checks to be done?

FI and I are moving next weekend (it's about time!).  We're spending this weekend packing up and trying to get a few more things taken care of.

First, we're going over the guest list again.  We've added a few more guests, and I'm nervous that we're going to go over our max.  We haven't sent those save the dates yet so we have time to adjust.  My parents' list is out of control so we're going to do some damage control this weekend.  Next, we're going to look into an after-party space.  If we have time, we're going to look at tuxes (FI picked it out online but I want to go to an actual store and make sure it's what he wants).

Re: TGIF!!!!

• Options
    We are putting up the sheet rock in our soon to be home. I also want to pack a little, but we have time not moving till the end of March. Hopefully we can finalize our guest list. FI seems to be having a hard time making up his mind. I would also like to get started on my BM dresses, but I don't think that will happen this weekend.
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm going to start cutting burlap for our table runners this weekend!  And if I have time, I'll move onto the cardbox.  FI and I are making (yet another) trip to AC Moore tonight, this time for a box  for the wine box ceremony - FI's crafty aunt has a wood burning tool, so we'll just stain and make the wine box ourselves!

Our youngest nephew, 2 months younger than our son, is also spending the weekend at our house!  They're very close, our boy is the brains and Nephew is the brawn so we anticipate a lot of laughs over the next few days.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We have to take monster husky to the vet tomorrow for his follow up to make sure his neutering stitches have dissolved and he is properly healed. After we drop him off I will come into work for a few hours and then FI and I are finally going to look at the tuxes we picked out to make sure they aren't $200 a piece and look good in person. It seems like anything other than a basic black tux is outrageously overpriced for rental.  I want to try my hand at DIYing our invite inserts so maybe that will be a project for this weekend as well.

***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I told myself I was going to take some time off from planning this weekend because I'm going to visit some out of town friends on Sat. But I have a feeling I'll still be working on stuff tonight and Sun!

Our guest list is finalized (finally) so I need to start getting everyone's addresses. I'd like to add some stuff to our website too because it's really sad right now. There's not much on it.

We also REALLY need to decide on our honeymoon and book it. I have no idea why we're being so indecisive!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara G to beSara G to be member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Quick question girls... How do you get your tickers to be on all your posts all the time?

Figured it out!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We have to decide this week if we are going to send std's or not. The closer we get to the date the smaller I want the guest list. Fi feels the same so out numbers have dwindled from 240 12 months ago to 110 now. I think we're at a good number now. Now it's time to schedule tastings for the bakers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    <div>Have fun with your tastings! So far that's been my favorite part of planning. </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_tgif?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:6785392e-5cbd-43c1-ad1d-41e6fe9eb51bPost:732acf98-1d1e-4d45-93bd-b700661b09d7">Re:TGIF!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have to decide this week if we are going to send std's or not. The closer we get to the date the smaller I want the guest list. Fi feels the same so out numbers have dwindled from 240 12 months ago to 110 now. I think we're at a good number now. Now it's time to schedule tastings for the bakers.
    Posted by leatba[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to have the entire week off and I have gotten so much done.  Along with catching up on all of my neglected house work and laundry, I managed to finish painting our head table champagne flutes (chalkboard on the base).  We had our cake tasting today, but not it is super hard to decide on the flavors.  Last but not least, I am going with my BMs and mom to go BM dress shopping.  WooHoo for lots of checks!
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards