September 2013 Weddings

Real Talk Tuesday

We interrupt your normal scheduled programming to bring you this Real Talk Tuesday.

I want to get a sense from you guys about the September board. A lot of the regulars have transitioned to the Facebook page and our posting is way down from what it used to be. I understand -- it's a lot more convenient to post on FB than on on TK, especially on a smartphone. However, I feel like it is kind of a waste of my time to continue to post prompts every day of the week that no one is really responding to (or have already been discussed on the FB page -- and who likes reruns??).

I love this group and all of you ladies, so I definitely want to get your opinions before any changes are made. Here are the options, as I see them.

1. Continue with the normal posting schedule. Nothing will change.

2. Switch up the posting so it is more general comments. They do this on another board I am part of -- essentially whoever is "up" first starts a post for the day of the week and everyone posts their WR and NWR updates. Much more casual.

3. Quit with the daily prompts and just post as individuals whenever you want.

Something else I'm not thinking of? Post in the comments, please!

I'm fine with ANY of these options. As the mod, I'm not required to post daily prompts or even generate conversation (although of course it's always nice to mod a chatty board!). But without posters, it's difficult for me to rationalize taking the time to post prompts every morning. Regardless of the outcome, I'll still mod and I hope that we still get lots of posts.

So yeah. Let me know what you guys think. I hope this doesn't come off sounding snotty or lazy (and I apologize for the length), just want to get a feel for where you guys are at.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Real Talk Tuesday

• I love chatting to you guys in here, but I guess if it's "all" happening on FB I should check that out. Havent checked the page there yet.
  • I personally love both actually.  Facebook is more convenient when I'm on my phone but on a computer at work, I like this better.  (They don't monitor The Knot  LOL). 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Certain things I feel more comfortable posting here, and other things I'd rather post on FB.  Different audiences (anyone can stumble across this board).  So I love them both!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_real-talk-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:83688454-f463-4090-9eab-4c146a55ec92Post:70aae857-c086-4ca7-9894-71a9027be3d5">Re: Real Talk Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Certain things I feel more comfortable posting here, and other things I'd rather post on FB.  Different audiences (anyone can stumble across this board).  So I love them both!
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_real-talk-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:83688454-f463-4090-9eab-4c146a55ec92Post:70aae857-c086-4ca7-9894-71a9027be3d5">Re: Real Talk Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Certain things I feel more comfortable posting here, and other things I'd rather post on FB.  Different audiences (anyone can stumble across this board).  So I love them both!
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

This for me as well! I really enjoy posting here but I have gotten lazy about it since the Facebook board.  I've been meaning to check it but FI accuses me of spending too much time on the computer/my phone. 

I like the daily prompts, if you continue to do them I will definitely make sure I'm on here more!
  • I love them both ! Just easier and quicker durin the day to jump on FB ... I still at least read on here but my phone normally doesn't like typing on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I joined the FB group, but really havent taken part in posting over there because I can't get on FB at work. I can however get on TK at work and I check it each day. My vote, and it might be the minority, ha is to still post here :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • This
    In Response to Re:Real Talk Tuesday:[QUOTE]I love them both ! Just easier and quicker durin the day to jump on FB ... I still at least read on here but my phone normally doesn't like typing on TK Posted by DMoore421[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bounce back and forth between the two - TK at work and FB on my phone during the commute home!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_real-talk-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:83688454-f463-4090-9eab-4c146a55ec92Post:6a64f773-7b67-4957-a6c7-f10876793177">Re: Real Talk Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really enjoy posting here but I have gotten lazy about it since the Facebook board.  I've been meaning to check it but FI accuses me of spending too much time on the computer/my phone.
    Posted by semi891[/QUOTE]

<div>I paraphrased your post a bit Semi, but my FI I think is starting to feel ignored.  </div><div>
    </div><div>And I like both groups as well.  No matter what, this group of ladies is going through the same things at the same time as myself and is a great sounding board!!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards