September 2013 Weddings

DIY flowers

Any other September brides out there planning to do their own flowers? I am planning a rustic fall themed wedding and would like to use bright colors (reds, yellows, oranges) orrrr maybe go completely the other way and do just baby's breath? Just need to do flowers for bouquets but have many bridesmaids and need advice!!!

Re: DIY flowers

• I'm doing my own flowers. I was quoted decent prices but wanted to save money. I will be doing bouquets and centerpieces, but unsure about bouts and corsages. I will be ordering flowers in bulk from Costco, already did a test order to check quality. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I decided to go the fake route for his guys (we can't justify $30/boutonniere when they're just going to get hammered and eat the flipping rose buds anyway!), so I ordered white silk rose boutonniers and corsages.  We'll see how the dress/suit colors come together, and I may dye them.

My girls and I will have the real thing - pricing was very reasonable for what I wanted for us!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are doing a vintage/rustic theme as well. The florist is arranging bouquets, corsages and boutineers. All other ceremony and reception flowers we are buying in bulk and arranging ourselves. We want it to have a wildflower look like we just picked flowers ourselves. Our florist is even helping us get them from local growers.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I ordered my bridal party floweres but I am DIYing my centerpiece arraingments.
    Shannon Jackson
    "Destiny Fulfilled"!!!!

Visit WeddingChannel!Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am DIYing our flowers - bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres. I'm doing all silk and paper flowers, in dark blues with silver accents. I would get a quote for fresh flowers and compare against how crafty you are and how much time you will have to actually do them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• I made all of our flowers, we went the fake route too.  My color scheme is similar to yours.  My siggy is our flowers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am DIYing bouquets from Trader Joe's. I will buy a corsage for FMIL and we aren't doing bouts. Centerpieces, I am leaving them up to a friend, but will probably not be super flowery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards