September 2013 Weddings
Options

Last Vendor - Florists

Hi there!

Has anyone picked out their florist yet? We have only met with one. We are ordering 1 bride bouquet, 3 BM, 2 Jr. BM, 2 mom corsages and 3 grandmother pin on things, 6 boutineres, and 12 centerpieces. When we had our consultation, we really liked them and their "vision." I had a list of my likes and dislikes. I don't know a thing about flowers, but I like the blue hydrangeas - if they are too expensive, I don't need them is what I told her. I told her our budget was $800. Anyways, we got our bid in the mail with a sticky to call her to discuss. The bid was for $1,600, which included a delivery fee of $225. I know sometimes setup can be a lot, but we only have centerpieces that were extremely basic. Total round trip we estimated at 50 miles max... so thats over $4/mile. Anyways, I am just curious what your florists were charging for delivery and also, if its even worth it to call her back since she was so far off our budget. After we met with her, I decided we could go to $1,200, but I don't want to blow our budget on flowers. This would be nearly 10% of our budget here. Thoughts, experiences, etc?

Re: Last Vendor - Florists

• Options
      I think, at least according to the knot's budget tool, the standard is 10% of your budget for flowers. that's up to you to decide if that's how you want to spend your budget.

For reference, we needed about the same wedding party flowers as you (1 bride, 4 bm, 2 mothers corsages, and 4 boutonnieres) 8 centerpieces, and then 3 arrangements for the fireplace mantles.  We are using all white roses, nothing crazy or exotic.

our bill was about 1200. that includes her 50.00 delivery fee. what's nice is that she's going to deliver the wedding party flowers to the hotel room so we have them for picutres, then she's going to the venue to set up the centerpieces. 

I think 1200 for what we are getting is a decent price. But the lady works out of her house, so she's a little cheaper. She came recommended on my local board.

If I were you I would get some more estimates. Find people who run businesses out of their house. See who people on your local board recommend. Or tell her your budget and see what she can do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've have one quote on flowers- just under $1300 including my bouquet, 4 BM's, 2 mom cosages, 3 grandma's corsages, 9 bouts, and 20 centerpieces.  It's a local business, run by a family.  I'm also using hydrangeas, which aren't terribly expensive, and also some roses.  

One thing to bear in mind is the hand tied bouquets cost more than centerpieces.  Maybe that's why her bid is so high?  Don't be afraid to haggle a bit on price- my FI saved us over 10% off our DJ with his sales skills!  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    that's a good point, we got a lower quote from a different florist, so i asked our florist if she could match it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Try Flowers by Blanca.  She is really reasonable.  
  • Options
    I think she is out of my area. I'm Massachusetts, but thank you for the thought!
  • Options
    I am using artificail flowers and I have a bridal party of 30 plus 3 corsages and I spent a little of $600 and received my toss bouquet free and free shipping. try weeddingbouquets.com. Sheri is wonderful to work with.
    Shannon Jackson
    "Destiny Fulfilled"!!!!

Visit WeddingChannel!Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards